Brewery control options

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H@wkeye!

Reaction score
Hi all

Been a while since posting or even brewing, after my brewery controller died (a build based on the electric brewery). Now i need to replace it, while doing a complete brewery overhaul. About to finish a home made brew stand (with old timer from my recently replaced deck roof), then plan on getting SS piping so i don't need to plug in/out all the pipes on brewday. Done a system map to help set this up. I'll upload some pics when it's finished.

Question i have is what to replace my controller with. Since i built the dead one, there are at least a couple of options. So far the best match seems to be the Cheeky Peak Nano Boss. That said i've failed to find any reviews of this. My system is HERMS, 3 pot, 30A. I'm going to be replacing my 2x2200W with 1x5700W elements in the HERMS and boil kettle.

Not interested in doing a build for one. That last one took me close to 6 mths to build (highly complicated by the 3 mth delivery of parts from NA).

Thanks in advance.

Hawk

Surely the controller can be fixed given likely just one component has failed? I'd look at refurbishing given you spent all that time and effort. I've built one myself and it is going to come with me to the grave....

Back