Dollar Reaches Parity...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THE Australian dollar opened lower today, having fallen victim to profit taking after surging to a 28-year-high during offshore trade.

The "Aussie's" offshore peak of 99.18 came after better than expected local employment numbers yesterday increased the chance of an interest rate rise in November.

At 7.00am (AEDT), the dollar was trading at 98.08 US cents, down from yesterday's close of 98.37 cents.

Since 5.00pm (AEDT) yesterday, the local unit traded between 97.83 US cents and 99.18 cents.

The latter was the unit's highest showing against the US dollar since August 3, 1982, when it touched 99.53 US cents when the currency was on a fixed exchange rate.

Its overnight high was the highest the unit has been since it was floated in December 1983.

"It was a bit of a wild ride for the Aussie overnight."

http://www.brewersdiscount.com/

Save you money, at this rate we should go in on a bulk buy and just buy the entire USA.

QldKev

I'm in, put me down for 1 x New York and 1 x California (oh and mark me tentative for Texas, pending price!) :icon_cheers:

Cheers SJ

Just got an email back from them, I just need to pay the $34 difference, so all is going ahead.
Using XE I checked

192.44 USD = 195.959 AUD
so still under the $200 mark

QldKev

You would have to pay shipping if purchaced within Australia as well Kev. $11.70 at the least.

Batz

They quote actual cost shipping plus 4%. Anyone used them before? $4 Ball lock connects are attractive :icon_cheers:

I use them quite a bit and have done for several years, it's a pain to get shipping costs from them via email.
I usually just order and they ship and bill me accordingly, if your buying smaller items you will find the rates very good.

Batz

Im doing my bit. $800 spent so far :D

UPDATE -
They have just emailed me saying the $15 postage is US only, they want extra $. Being $49 postage to Aust.
I'm confirming this would be $34 difference as I paid $15 on their site.
So if it is, it is still <$200 for the pump.

QldKev

I bought 2 off them just now(they must be thinking what the hell is going on!). 61.00 postage. Paid via paypal and the rate was jsut under 96cents. Still a great deal and timing for me was perfect.

Just ordered a kilometre of Swiss Voile - should keep me going for the next 600,000 brews. (or 300,000 if I go entirely over to making malt liquor) :icon_cheers:

Maybe you should sell me some bribie :D

I here that the $ may go as high as AU$1.12 to the Green back by Xmas,so we may as well
buy Canada at the same time!!

Just got an email back from them, I just need to pay the $34 difference, so all is going ahead.
Using XE I checked

192.44 USD = 195.959 AUD
so still under the $200 mark

QldKev

dont forget the 2% conversion fee charged by the bank. At the current rate 192.44 * 1.02 U.S. dollars = 200.049735 Australian dollars, just over!

yep sorry fixed now... and here again sight glass kit

Edit: just worked it out too... for 2 delivered kits it's about $34.60 each

This guy has changed his policy. Previously would only ship to US/Canada and ignored numerous emails asking to confirm that.
I went with Morebeer.com I think in the end and got prompt service and responses to emails.

You lucky buggers, prepare for your next invasion of kiwi workers ;)

You lucky buggers, prepare for your next invasion of kiwi workers ;)

Kiwi workers? I've heard of Kiwi's moving across, never seen any of em work! ;)

(so long as they keep heading to QLD it's all good! :ph34r: )

Cheers SJ

:lol: ill make sure to send em all to Melbourne and look up Supra Jim ;)

Load em up with as much Epic Armageddon as they can carry and we have a deal*

*provided I can return the Kiwis once i've drunk the beer

Cheers SJ

Kiwi workers? I've heard of Kiwi's moving across, never seen any of em work! ;)

(so long as they keep heading to QLD it's all good! :ph34r: )

Cheers SJ

I don't like that generalisation. I work with heaps of Kiwis and have in Sydney and Brisbane, and the ones I've worked with have been good hard workers.

If you want to generalise there's plenty of home grown examples of lazy people.

I don't like that generalisation. I work with heaps of Kiwis and have in Sydney and Brisbane, and the ones I've worked with have been good hard workers.

If you want to generalise there's plenty of home grown examples of lazy people.
Patriotism - stand up for the local bums :)

Latest posts

Back