BIAB CHINOOK IPA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to add a message here in case someone wanted to know how did it go my version of the zombie dust.
I waited 3 weeks to open one, and now, 1 month after brew day, I can tell the beer is good, bitterness/abv is balanced, good taste, not too sweet, very drinkable, but again... NOT HOPPY ENOUGH! even with such a ridiculous amount of hops... it's not only me who says so, everyone who has tasted it agrees.

It turned out a little bit fruity and the alcohol is very evident.
I think the fermentation was too hot.
Even using two shocks for the hops wasn't enough. I'm also starting to think that 4 days is not enough for the dry hops.

I FOUND A FRIDGE!!! And I bought an inkbird itc-308 temp controller, so... I plan on brewing an American Pale Ale "hop bomb" (when my saison is ready to drink). Now I can "cold crash", so I won't use hop-shocks for dryhopping this time... let's see if that was the problem.
I'll also use one hop shock for each hop addition during the boil to avoid having all of them stacked up into the hop spider.
I'll put a post once I've studied and have something to start.

IMG-20171118-WA0000.jpg

Your're brave using a headmaster schooner for a beer carbonated to 2.8 CO2 volumes. Hop snowcones sound appealing though.

I love chinook in an IPA so well done to you for working through your process. Brew on, young padawan

Your're brave using a headmaster schooner for a beer carbonated to 2.8 CO2 volumes. Hop snowcones sound appealing though.

I love chinook in an IPA so well done to you for working through your process. Brew on, young padawan
I stole it by accident...
Thanks! But that's not the Chinook one, that's the citra one.
Next time I'll do citra + amarillo

Latest posts

Back