Hops From Hops 2 You

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunyips

Reaction score
Hi there people... was doing a bit of a search in the States for hops and came across these guys. Has anyone dealt with them before and if so what results?
This is a reply I got from them last week regarding types and prices. Website looks good and am thinking of a bulk order up hear in FNQ.

"We have never shipped to Australia before but we can. Have shipped to other regions outside the US before.

A ten pound package if I can fit them in the flat rate box will cost about $60 to get to australia and take 6 to 10 days. If I have to use my own box the price will be higher but I am pretty sure the pellets will fit into the flat rate box.
I did ship some boxes to the UK and they got held in customs for a week before reaching the destination.
Are you looking for a total of 10 pounds or 10 pounds of each variety?

Right now in stock I have

Perle
Tettnanger
Hallertau
Fuggle
Cascade
The price per pound is $8 for everything but the cascade's, they are $6 per pound.

Please give me a list of the other varieties you want and I will get on seeing what else we can have available for you.

Thanks.
Chase Annen
Hops 2 You"
Sounds pretty reasonable to me

I'll take a pound of tettnager.

I see a series of weizens ahead :)

**** that's cheap. $6 a pound........that's $3 for 450g isn't it???

I'd jump all over that, but my hop freezer is absolutely chocka block. What i've got hardly fits in there without some serious manouevering around.

confusion 60 delivery plus hops price?

450g is 1 pound . . .

I see myself loving hops at 14 bucks a pound - 450g. Thats cheaper than the cheapest that can be gotten here!

I'm thinking i should go out and buy another fridge to store my hops in so i can take this offer up.

confusion 60 delivery plus hops price?

$60 postage for 10 pound of hops sounds about right. The cost of the hops will be on top of the postage price.

$140 for 10 pounds of hops delivered is a bargain. Wondering about the quality. There's only one way to find out and on a split between friends it's not a lot of money to lose if the hops are crap.

I see myself loving hops at 14 bucks a pound - 450g. Thats cheaper than the cheapest that can be gotten here!
Yeah I am pretty keen too mate. I posted that message on the FNQ mailing list but got no replies so thought I would put it up here. Would I assume that some of these would be good for IPA's. Asked about Amarillo and got this reply
"We can not get Amarillo or other Patented varieties of hops. If I remember right the Amarillo crop this year was short by about 30%. So you might have a really hard time with that and Sorachi Ace if you are looking for that too."
Ten pounds between 4 of us up here would be good. I mean 2 1/2 pounds for $40 is pretty damn good. Have already written back to them yesterday saying I will place an order when I know what is going on with others

yea, I'll spread the word when I see the others.

On another note, we need a big boozy catchup for all FNQers :)

Hi Bunyips. What year were the hops from and where is Rangastan?

My research shows it is a small country near Afghanistan. The people there all have red hair. They went into hop farming after all their unicorn ranches went broke in the GFC.

Hi Bunyips. What year were the hops from and where is Rangastan?
Hey mate,
On the site it says that these are the 2011 season hops. And Rangastan is nestled in the forests of Far North Queensland, contrary to popular belief it is not in fact a small country near India. That is a myth. They don't have sunscreen in that part of the world

After checking the website fellas, I get the impression they only do whole cones, not pellets!
Therefore, unable to import into Oz. Bummer!

A ten pound package if I can fit them in the flat rate box will cost about $60 to get to australia and take 6 to 10 days. If I have to use my own box the price will be higher but I am pretty sure the pellets will fit into the flat rate box.

what about this as a snipped message reply from the company back to the OP though? I haven't looked at any website, but that quote above tells us that they should be able to do pellets...

what about this as a snipped message reply from the company back to the OP though? I haven't looked at any website, but that quote above tells us that they should be able to do pellets...

I will gladly stand corrected nath, you're right! It's strange tho' , that there is no use of the word "pellet' on the whole site, just cones and bales of same.
Lets' hope it's right but they also state their cascade comes in at 8.2 % alpha acids. 'Must be on freakin steroids :eek:

Cheers

Sounds like a mighty nice price, I would be interested.

Latest posts

Back