Dollar Reaches Parity...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just bought a monster mill at $1.05 US a couple of days ago... $157US = $153.60AU (after paypal conversion) pretty happy with that.

Just arrived... guess what i'm doing this long weekend :super:
IMG_0660_1_.JPG

edit: Dollar is at 1.09 now

Blichmann therminator rocked up during the week $250 to my door from the US, pity i could not get it under $350 +del if i sourced it in Aus.

Anyway tried it out yesterday, awesome bit of kit boiling 23l Wort to 20C in around 10min and 30l of hot cleanup water into the HLT.

No affiliation Brewers Outpost

Good to deal with

Kleiny

Same here - and I picked up some hose connections from the purple pig - great service.

Blichmann therminator rocked up during the week $250 to my door from the US, pity i could not get it under $350 +del if i sourced it in Aus.

Anyway tried it out yesterday, awesome bit of kit boiling 23l Wort to 20C in around 10min and 30l of hot cleanup water into the HLT.

No affiliation Brewers Outpost

Good to deal with

Kleiny

Hooray for crippling national debts!!! I'm only a few more days of political bickering and bullshit away from a shiny new mill :icon_cheers:

Not as sexy as all the stainless-bling, but all the plastic bits for my kegging-setup arrived today:
plasticbits.jpg

Looking at it, US$162 delivered (from Apex in the US) seems expensive for a few plastic-bits, but it would have cost ~$436 (plus delivery) buying locally.

Not as sexy as all the stainless-bling, but all the plastic bits for my kegging-setup arrived today:
plasticbits.jpg

Looking at it, US$162 delivered (from Apex in the US) seems expensive for a few plastic-bits, but it would have cost ~$436 (plus delivery) buying locally.

Wolfy, could you tell me the ebay user/shop or US store where you got them from?

Cheers

plasticbits.jpg

A shame Apex don't have photo's for us dweebs who have no idea what things are called. I am putting together a keezer with probably 6 taps and this type of price obviously suits the occasion. How long was the delivery time Wolfy?

Wolfy, could you tell me the ebay user/shop or US store where you got them from?
The shop link is included in your quote: https://www.totalapex.com/
It took almost a month for shipping (was sent on the 9th July) and a few more weeks before that to arrange things via email (and to wait for specially ordered stock to come in) but Jim Sonin ( [email protected] ) was helpful and friendly and I was changed shipping at the same USPS rate on the box ($30 since I ordered more stuff than fitted into a 'small flat rate USPS box' and it was registered).

A shame Apex don't have photo's for us dweebs who have no idea what things are called. I am putting together a keezer with probably 6 taps and this type of price obviously suits the occasion. How long was the delivery time Wolfy?
LOL yeah, some more photos would be nice, but can't complain about the price.
Apex's shopping-cart-system uses the exact manufacturer product numbers (which you can search for) so I looked on the JG (and other HB vendor) websites for pictures and product codes and then searching via that. I also checked with Jim to ensure that things would fit how/where I wanted them especially for the 5/16 fittings that are more common here (some of which he ordered in specially for me). Shipping was a bit slow actually, seems to be common from the USA just now, it took 3.5 weeks.

The shop link is included in your quote: https://www.totalapex.com/
It took almost a month for shipping (was sent on the 9th July) and a few more weeks before that to arrange things via email (and to wait for specially ordered stock to come in) but Jim Sonin ( [email protected] ) was helpful and friendly and I was changed shipping at the same USPS rate on the box ($30 since I ordered more stuff than fitted into a 'small flat rate USPS box' and it was registered).

I am a goose! And not even a beer in my system! Cheers mate!

Looks like the dollar is going to dip under parity, better get your o/s shopping done quick smart.

Latest posts

Back