Dollar Reaches Parity...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the only downer is Quarantine have to do there job and poke holes in the sealed hops bags too check em out.

tom :icon_cheers:
Odds r they will only do it to one or 2 bags. And they don't sit around. Once they are checked , if ok, they are sent to rhe person. So it's only a couple days

None of my bags were poked, prodded or punctured.

Odds r they will only do it to one or 2 bags. And they don't sit around. Once they are checked , if ok, they are sent to rhe person. So it's only a couple days

They opened one bag fully and then zip locked again but punctured about another 5. They did arrive a couple of day later so no biggy really.

None of my bags were poked, prodded or punctured.

who do you know? depends on the inspector on the day I guess! maybe even who its from. I bet quarantine has seen a few package from hops direct recently!

Dollar is up. I need some hops. Hops direct are going cheap. Works out $48.52/kg or $4.37/90g delivered
ended up getting almost 99c to the US dollar through paypal, total AU$110.05 (after charges etc) for 5 pounds.

Sold
1 pound each of;
Amarillo
Cascade
Chinook
EKG
Czech Saaz

Triple Batch of Bo Pils coming up with 1 pound of Saaz. I hope i don't **** it up.

Aussie Dollar now up to $1.07 US.

I wonder what it will be at come tax return time (read: additional brew funds time)... B)

Aussie Dollar now up to $1.07 US.

I wonder what it will be at come tax return time (read: additional brew funds time)... B)

Just bought a monster mill at $1.05 US a couple of days ago... $157US = $153.60AU (after paypal conversion) pretty happy with that.

I will deffinatly be getting a mill come tax time if it's still this good

There's a whispering in the wind that a new mill will be hitting these shores shortly that'll give the yank mills more than a run for your dollar.... B)

There's a whispering in the wind that a new mill will be hitting these shores shortly that'll give the yank mills more than a run for your dollar.... B)

Much as I really have got into good synch and synergy with my Marga and can now whack through a grain bill in around 11 minutes (trying to get it down to 10) a better mill would certainly interest me, to make a "magic box" style crusher.
Especially as I won't have to pay postage. Bring it on Ross.

Sounds like a real winner if it's aussie made and comparable in price.

MMMM higher AUD means cheaper beer when I head to asia next month :D

The AUD buys 50% more Dong in Vietnam than last time I was there in 08.....yey 50% more beer :)

MMMM higher AUD means cheaper beer when I head to asia next month :D

The AUD buys 50% more Dong in Vietnam than last time I was there in 08.....yey 50% more beer :)

Got me worried that you get 50% more dong when you go to vietnam. Watch out for STD's if your into that sort of thing man...

JK couldn't help myself

:icon_offtopic: :icon_offtopic: :icon_offtopic: :icon_offtopic:

derailment.jpg

Latest posts

Back