Conical fermentor EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All good mate, these are the rough weights for each item:

-30L hopper about 8kg about 0.1cbm
-60L hopper about 12kg about 0.13cbm
-2" butterfly valve about 1.5kg

Hopefully I hear back from a couple more as well

I'm in for a 30l in Melbourne. Since I live near the docks I'm willing to act as distributor / pick up point if you need one.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Judanero, this thread has a nice correlation to the fabrication thread we got going.
Where is this fabrication thread of which you speak?

Lyrebird_Cycles said:
I'm in for a 30l in Melbourne. Since I live near the docks I'm willing to act as distributor / pick up point if you need one.

Where is this fabrication thread of which you speak?
The fab thread was for brissy. Though we now have three shows of interest from melbourne so might be looking at 2 shipment atleast. Hopefully import and dock fees don't kill this.

I had it tentatively as six 30L ones + maybe two 60L ones to Newcastle, and three 60L ones to Melbourne.

The supplier has said they will provide an invoice detailing the shipments contents are valued at less than $1000 AUD as evidence, it really is hinging now on the other charges; the lowest of three "port to door" quotes I've had for a LCL by sea has been ~$1200.

I haven't thrown in the towel just yet because I'm waiting on a couple more to come back with some numbers but it is a little disheartening considering the cost to have them fabricated and shipped here is so low but then the cost to essentially unload them from the dock and check the appropriate forms have been filled out (as is my understanding of the applicable fees) costs more than the value of the order.

Judanero said:
I haven't thrown in the towel just yet because I'm waiting on a couple more to come back with some numbers but it is a little disheartening considering the cost to have them fabricated and shipped here is so low but then the cost to essentially unload them from the dock and check the appropriate forms have been filled out (as is my understanding of the applicable fees) costs more than the value of the order.

Yeah, but MUA union fees are expensive, so they have to pay them somehow ;)

Judanero said:
I had it tentatively as six 30L ones + maybe two 60L ones to Newcastle, and three 60L ones to Melbourne.

The supplier has said they will provide an invoice detailing the shipments contents are valued at less than $1000 AUD as evidence, it really is hinging now on the other charges; the lowest of three "port to door" quotes I've had for a LCL by sea has been ~$1200.

My sister in law knows what she is doing. I really hope the numbers come back in our favour.

Cripes I'm itching to hear from this girl!

It is end of financial year so her close out paperwork has been hectic.. And I'm low priority.... I'll ping her tomorrow lads, let's stick with it.

SBOB said:
Yeah, but MUA union fees are expensive, so they have to pay them somehow ;)
If it were foreign labor I'm sure they would pass on the savings

Update.

My sister in law has now involved her Chinese office to contact the seller and finalise the costs on the origin charges.

Still happening folks

Noice, I had a couple more get back to me about prices-locally the best has been ~$800AUD, I contacted the supplier to see if they have a freight forwarder they use and they said it would be $300USD based on 4x30L and 2x60L

Judanero,

I am interested in 2 30L depending on total price if this is still available.

Is that 300 landed in Australia? Then customs and clearing expenses on top of that?

The engineer in me has spreadsheet desires if you want to set one up?

Has anyone else noticed that the photo does not match the dimensions in the drawing? According to the drawing, the cone accounts for 64% of the height. In the pic it looks like about 40 percent. I wonder if the pic shows the actual product for sale.

China exports lots of good stainless-steel products, including the brew kettles that most of us use. There's an excellent chance the manufacturer is interested in establishing a market and trust. All the same, I'd want to see one before I'd order.

Back