Conical fermentor EOI

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Judanero said:
Yeah I don't think that'd be a problem, the only two ports they deliver to from Shanghai is Botany and Melbourne so I don't imagine logistically it would be too hard.

Will keep you posted mate.
You have my attention at $300.. Would love to see yours Masters when they arrive.

putting a +1 on possible interest for the 30L in Newcastle, though probably dependant on what you're planning on for legs/frame and being able to replicate

also, is that butterfly valve angled to take the bottom outlet to the side, or is that something extra which would need to be investigated/acquired?

Depending on when you order( I'm moving interstate) I'd be up for a 60 in cairns if that's achievable!

Grainer said:
You have my attention at $300.. Would love to see yours Masters when they arrive.
I don't need 3 maybe 2, so atleast one would be up for grabs locally. Plan is to then have legs and possibly 1 or 2 furrels added at geordi's.

Judanero said:
Just waiting to hear back from customs, four 30L ones delivered will cost $244 each so will fall under the $1000 so no taxes/ duties.

They don't manufacture expansion rings, so I enquired about 60L ones and they work out at $301.50 each delivered.

All hoppers include a 2" butterfly valves, a lid and clamp to secure the lid, mirror finished inside and out.

Potentially a couple orders could be made, each time falling under the $1000 threshold to avoid the 10% GST + 5% duty + $50 processing fee (waiting for confirmation this is all above board) so will wait on that info before pulling the trigger.

They are only able to be delivered to Sydney so interested people would need to be able to get there or Newcastle for collection.

Will keep posted.
Living in country south oz bites me on the arse again.....bugga !

SBOB said:
putting a +1 on possible interest for the 30L in Newcastle, though probably dependant on what you're planning on for legs/frame and being able to replicate

also, is that butterfly valve angled to take the bottom outlet to the side, or is that something extra which would need to be investigated/acquired?
I'm still undecided whether I would have a mate TIG some on ala chronical or weld a frame it sits on like the "fast ferment".

The butterfly valve isn't angled it's just a straight through valve, so when attached would be pointing straight down.. You would need a 2" 45 or 90 pipe if that's what you mean to have it come out the side.

I am beginning to understand Yobs comment about the ebb and flows, it's looking a little bit like I overestimated the simplicity of importing these, there are additional depot fees, clearance fees, a administration fee per bill of lading and a SAC lodgement that need to be submitted by a customs merchant in order to be able to provide a digital clearance.

I am waiting to hear back how it will be packed out of shanghai (container or the like) as that will also affect the charges when it lands, the above quoted prices are as it leaves from over there; it appears there are additional charges when they get here regardless of staying under the $1000 threshold or not.

I've sent an email to a guy at nswports to get some clarification/advice/estimates, the plot thickens.

Still interested to see how they go, may drop down to a 30L depending on final price

And for legs, I'll be fabbing up a stand for mine, much easier and cheaper than getting the stainless repassivated etc

Judanero, this thread has a nice correlation to the fabrication thread we got going.

To help your effort out I've asked my sister in law to help with info. She is a professional importer. I've sent her the image and details of the conical and she will ask one of her customs brokers about cheapest costs.

She will also be able to investigate the supplier.

I'd like to see where this goes and am happy to help out if you like.

That would be great ZC! The fabrication thread is what gave me the initial idea, however once I got the quote for the local hopper with 2" ferrule I thought I'd explore abroad..

The supplier is: Jiangsu Zhengheng Light Industrial Machinery Co., Ltd

They've been very helpful from their end thus far.

All details away, she is onto it. She is a team manager so may get one of her colleagues to help between their other orders.

I don't think there will be anything groundbreaking coming back and the likes of Yob et.al. know the gauntlet.

Can't wait to see though. I'd like a couple. Could you ask if they have a specification on the metal? I might talk to Harry and see if it is good. He fixed those big fermenters and would know how the stainless behaves.

zorsoc_cosdog said:
All details away, she is onto it. She is a team manager so may get one of her colleagues to help between their other orders.

I don't think there will be anything groundbreaking coming back and the likes of Yob et.al. know the gauntlet.

Can't wait to see though. I'd like a couple. Could you ask if they have a specification on the metal? I might talk to Harry and see if it is good. He fixed those big fermenters and would know how the stainless behaves.
Thanks heaps ZC, it is appreciated. I've heard back from NSW ports and was advised for a small order(s) it is best to go through a freight forwarder because they will take care of the necessary leg work (sounds good but likely to increase the price) so I've flicked a couple enquiries to different companies to see what transpires.

I'll ask about the metal specs and see what they come back with.

Once final numbers are organised I will also likely be ordering in some long thermowells as well; I intend to drill a hole large enough to accommodate a silicone stopper/bung with the thermowell running through the centre (through the lid).

They are cheap too, ~$5AUD ea from memory.

Back