Castle Hill Home brew Competition 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Category" would be for example: Dry Stout, Oatmeal Stout, Sweet Stout - Australian Lager, Australian Premium Lager, Pale Continental Lager, Munich Helles...... etc.

Unless it's changed over the last couple of years, if you win a place, say in the stouts above, with a Dry Stout you can if you wish enter a Sweet Stout in the Nationals instead.

fletcher said:
woo nice. i'll get onto mine soon then :) thanks guys.

EDIT: after reading what can be entered, where it says three entries per category, does that mean that i could enter three American IPAs for example? or would it have to be three individual styles in that particular category?
normally three per category group

fletcher said:
woo nice. i'll get onto mine soon then :) thanks guys.

EDIT: after reading what can be entered, where it says three entries per category, does that mean that i could enter three American IPAs for example? or would it have to be three individual styles in that particular category?
It'll be three per one of the main 18 categories. So you could have three AIPAs if you want, but then you couldn't enter an English IPA or a IIPA.

Just to note that the comp will be on the 23-25th, so the cut off point for entries will probably be a week before that (to be finalised ASAP).

Sponsors are nearly there, and I'm aiming for info to get out there on Friday. No promise though, as this depends on others getting back to me (plus me getting the time to finalise stuff).

We do have some good prizes though, and the main thing is the feedback on your beers after all. :beerbang:

There has been some confusion concerning the number of entries per category. The AABC rule is as follows

D2. Entries. No more than two entries are allowed from each entrant in any one Category.
Within this rule, no more than one entry is allowed in any one style. (This rule would
normally be enforced in State/Territory Qualifying Championships.)

The Castle Hill comp in 2012 had less categories so three entries could be made per category. However The Castle Hill Show Competition 2013 is also The NSW State Competition so it needs to follow AABC rules.

I hope this clarifies entry restrictions.

Barry is totally right (as always! :beerbang: ).

So two pilsners could be entered (category 3) but only one Bohemian Pilsner (3.3).

I have never entered a comp before but would love some feedback. I have a Black IPA I would like to enter but after reading through the comp details and BJCP guidelines I can't see a definite answer but would lean towards a specialty beer? Can anyone confirm or suggust which I can enter this in.

Thanks

So two questions.

One how is the judging split between day 1 and day 2 ? Looks like I might have to work Saturday morning, so maybe can't attend both days. Also how long do you you sign up for to help be a steward ?

there wil be one flight morning and afternoon with a lunch break between. this will be the format both days.

on what barry said, ill be one of the people unpacking and i have small tolerance and will use a knife without hesitation if theres too much tape on them. just a point to remember.

barls said:
there wil be one flight morning and afternoon with a lunch break between. this will be the format both days.

on what barry said, ill be one of the people unpacking and i have small tolerance and will use a knife without hesitation if theres too much tape on them. just a point to remember.

never trust an old sea salt with a knife in his hand .........

damn right. you allowed to come up and judge fatz. i believe they have you penciled in for the specialty category and meads

Yes mmmmmbeer black IPA's are in specialty.

Just a quick question, have all posted entries been picked up? Just that my tracking number says mine's been at Baulkham Hills PO since last Thursday. Not having a go at anyone, just want to make sure it got there ok.

ill check with stu later today but im sure they have.

Cheers Barls. If they have, hopefully AusPost just didn't scan it out, so it would still show as uncollected. Should stick out like dogs balls. It's in one of those double bottle wine gift boxes that is in a brightly coloured Xmas theme. I pinched it from work, we use them to send wine as presents to customers at Xmas time.

Latest posts

Back