NSW State Comp 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's not much to it.

The AABC website will eventually have a live link (currently not live) on it's home page for 2016 entry forms.

Then you enter the same way you did for your state comp.

Yeah I saw that. Don't worry about it. Last year I got no direct National entry info from the people who ran the state comp.

OK, cool.
First comp and what little info that is about appears contradictory.
Just don't want to miss out on my 1st place in the nationals ;)

n87 said:
Hi Stu, or anyone else in the know,
How are national entries handled?
Do you send out the application?
When does this happen?

I realise this is a month away, but I would like to be prepared.
Thanks.
I have no info on this, I'm afraid. In previous years we have been able to get a main drop off point for those who could get to it and then others just posted their entries directly to the Nationals. I'll check if any brewshops are able to act as a drop off point this year.

Last year 'The Brew Shop' acted as drop off for both state and nationals. (hoping it'll be same this year)

It looks like the Brew Shop are happy to do this (thanks, Andrew).

I'll have to look into deadlines for Nationals entry.

We'll be taking entries again at The Brew Shop [Peakhurst]. We will accept entries at our other stores, but they will need to be in earlier so that they can be consolidated and shipped together. I'll advise on cutoff dates at our locations when Stu can get some more info on this.

We'll also be taking care of the formerly unsponsored category (Wheat & Rye Beers) - places in this category can look forward to an ESB/The Brew Shop voucher shortly.

Good luck to all at the nationals!

We have a deadline for the beers to get to the Nationals. We're just working out what that means in terms of deadlines for drop off to the Brew Shop. Most likely it'll be beers to there this weekend of next. But final details to come ASAP.

Brewman can be a drop point also.

I can send them direct to the Nats.

Good luck guys.

Cheers Steve

We've got our deadlines now, entries need to be received in Adelaide by the 30th September. To make sure we have enough time to collect and despatch the entries, we will need to have all entries in to our stores by the following dates:

Peakhurst: 4pm 24/09
Kirrawee: 12pm 24/09
Alexandria: 5pm 24/09
Campbelltown: 5pm 23/09
Nowra: 1pm 22/09

Please make sure entries are boxed, and wrapped appropriately to avoid potential damage during freight. This was not necessary for the state comp, as entries were hand delivered.

The national comp organisers have stated that entries will be kept cool. Any entries that need to be kept warm should be clearly marked as such.

If you have any other concerns, give me a call at the Peakhurst store, or drop me an email.

Hate to be a bother, but the entry forms are still not on the website.
I know it's not you guys directly, but if we only have 2 weeks to get them in, we need the entry forms.

Can I please get an Adelaide address to send them to?

I haven't even brewed one of my entries yet as i presumed i would have until the 7th of October to get it there.

Can whip one up though, just need to send them express the wed before entries close.

Hi guys, one more question, just to be clear, the entry fee.
I have noticed vic and qld are covering the entry fee for their place getters, and was wondering if this was how it is, or are they going above and beyond?
Just trying to make sure I get it all right for my entry.

Thanks
~n87

Anyone who placed in the pale ale category heard from the category sponsor as yet? ( assuming thrre was prizes for top three, maybe I misunderstood the form)

Beamer said:
Anyone who placed in the pale ale category heard from the category sponsor as yet? ( assuming thrre was prizes for top three, maybe I misunderstood the form)
I haven't yet (came 3rd in that Category).

Back