NSW State Comp 2016

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuster

Big mash up
Reaction score
There have been a few stumbles in getting the 2016 version together. The plan was to have this running as the Castle Hill show comp. However, this was recently thrown into disarray by the whole CH show going under (part of the NW rail link and perhaps not unrelated to developers eyeing up all the space there). We have been looking for other venues and I think we have somewhere else to host the competition.

There has also been some discussion at the national level about the categories to use but this also looks like it has been resolved.

Overall, we're getting there. There will be a state comp (hopefully! :p ). The categories will probably be the same as last year's. The competition will probably be in late August or early September. There will definitely be prizes but that's still be worked out. So please brew away aiming for your beers in those categories to hit their straps at that point.

More information will be available as soon as possible but I hope that sets your minds at rest for now.

Thanks mate if there are any updates please shot me a message, should attend this one as my first state comp thanks

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm hoping it doesn't end up on in early Sept as I wont be able to make it!

The competition is now back at Castle Hill on 20th and 21st August!

Despite reports in our local newspaper, a few from the show society have been keeping things going and so we are now back to the Castle Hill showgrounds.

All the information though is available at the following website.

Castle Hill and NSW State Competition 2016

If anything on there is unclear or you need more information, please do let me know.

Please make sure you read the details on the Entry Information page as there are a few things you need to do to submit your beers.

There is also a link on the page for judges who can come along to judge and those who are thinking about coming along to see what it's all about and stewarding (something anybody who can pour a beer and clean a glass is qualified to do).

Best of Show has two prizes in case that wasn't clear. Thanks SS Brewing Tech and Wayward Brewing for those.

Oh yeah, put my name down for steward. I had a great time time last year.

Cheers

steve

nifty said:
Oh yeah, put my name down for steward. I had a great time time last year.

Cheers

steve
see you there

That's great, boonchu. Just pop your name down on the Google Form. Here.

The Best of Show now has a second place prize as well. So the best beer gets the conical and they get to brew at Wayward. The second gets a great prize from The Brew Shop. Thanks to all those sponsors and more info on the site of course.

Conical pron.

DSC_9184-1_grande.jpg

Yob said:
Doesn't actually say anywhere that it's open only to NSW residents...

???
go for it. yob you will have to beat myself and barry though.

Stuster said:
The Best of Show now has a second place prize as well. So the best beer gets the conical and they get to brew at Wayward. The second gets a great prize from The Brew Shop. Thanks to all those sponsors and more info on the site of course.

Conical pron.
So very shiny. Extra motivation to get brewing. I'll be there to help out with judging as well this year.

barls said:
go for it. yob you will have to beat myself and barry though.
Don't forget Brettles. I think even Barry will find it hard to beat him this year.

On the landing page it says 2 entries per category, but if you go to the 'entry information' tab it says a maximum of 3 per category.

Can you confirm which is correct?

Ca A maximum of 3 entries per category, with no more than 2 entries in each style.

Yob said:
Doesn't actually say anywhere that it's open only to NSW residents...

???
So interstate entries are ok? So if for example Yob wins places, would that give him rights to enter in the Nats?

It's just NSW entries. Rules on that plus on the number of entries fixed up (2 per category, sorry Barry).

Just testing of course, so thanks for playing. :D

boonchu said:
Barls you are an easy beat
all i takes is 3 odins reserve to beat me.
got my mead and braggot ageing atm.
plus some sours.

Anyone have a copy of the relevant AABC style guide they can send? The links on the aabc website aren't working at the moment it appears

Latest posts

Back