Castle Hill Home brew Competition 2013

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eek, mine's only just gone into lagering.
Hang on it's an Aussie, won't need much of that :lol:

Barry said:
The Brew Shop will receive entries from NSW brewers who have qualified for the Nationals. Closing date at The Brew Shop is 4pm Saturday 19th October. If you can't drop them off at the shop it would be best, for the entries, to send them straight to Canberra.
They will put them on a skip/small pallet, wrap the skip and send them on the Monday. This will ensure that they stay upright and reduce some of dangers associated with couriers.
Thanks for this Barry.

Bump

The Brew Shop will receive entries from NSW brewers who have qualified for the Nationals. Closing date at The Brew Shop is 4pm Saturday 19th October. If you can't drop them off at the shop it would be best, for the entries, to send them straight to Canberra.
They will put them on a skip/small pallet, wrap the skip and send them on the Monday. This will ensure that they stay upright and reduce some of dangers associated with couriers.

The deadline is this Saturday 4 pm 19th October..

The Castle Hill show happened a couple of months back. Has anyone received any ribbons or whatever from the show organisers for their places yet?

I never received mine from the previous year (I eventually gave up chasing it). <_<

petesbrew said:
The Castle Hill show happened a couple of months back. Has anyone received any ribbons or whatever from the show organisers for their places yet?

I never received mine from the previous year (I eventually gave up chasing it). <_<
crikey you gave me a scare.... :wacko:

The show was on at the end of March. I went to the website and the link to the homebrew says that the brewing comp is for August 22nd - 24th ( similar time to last year )

http://www.castlehillshow.com.au/castle-hill-show/home-brew.aspx

Yeah all that confusion over the actual date of the Castle Hill show, and the actual brewcomp confuses everyone.

Love it how they're still showing results for 2012 as well.

Considering the show is apparently pretty big, you think they'd actually advertise the thing, but no. Every year when I think "wonder when the show is on?" I discover it was the previous weekend.

2 years in a row I've scored 1st places (woohoo!). It would be nice to have something to show for it.

Important - this is not a dig at Stuster and everyone involved in running the brewcomp. This is the actual show organisers.

petesbrew said:
Yeah all that confusion over the actual date of the Castle Hill show, and the actual brewcomp confuses everyone.

Considering the show is apparently pretty big, you think they'd actually advertise the thing, but no. Every year when I think "wonder when the show is on?" I discover it was the previous weekend.

2 years in a row I've scored 1st places (woohoo!). It would be nice to have something to show for it.

Important - this is not a dig at Stuster and everyone involved in running the brewcomp. This is the actual show organisers.
Pete , Stuster and his team would have their work cut out, I don't envy them at all . Show organisers mmmmm !

petesbrew said:

What dates do entries open/close for this? Cant find any info, so maybe not known yet?

Edit 22-24 August. Found it!

Once again with only 8 weeks to go, any news yet or a link to the 2014 NSW State competition at Castle Hill?

The last that I heard was that nobody has volunteered to run it yet. Maybe this was rumour, or maybe this has changed by now. Would love to hear some official word either way.

Would be a disaster if it doesn't proceed, thus no NSWelshmen going onto the Nats. :unsure:

Yes. I am very confused about the whole comp thing.
If you go to the Castle Hill show website it does say that the comp is on 22-24 Aug 2014, but the link takes you to last years entry form.

Also, the nationals are meant to be held at ANHC this year, yet no word on their web site about that either.....
Does anyone have any answers?.....

Ester Trub said:
Also, the nationals are meant to be held at ANHC this year, yet no word on their web site about that either.....
Does anyone have any answers?.....
No idea about the NSW qualifying comp, but details for the national comp are at http://aabc.org.au/

tallie said:
No idea about the NSW qualifying comp, but details for the national comp are at http://aabc.org.au/
Actually the only thing up to date on that site is the date and the fact that it will be held at ANHC.
The entry forms, details, etc are all from 2013.

Ester Trub said:
Actually the only thing up to date on that site is the date and the fact that it will be held at ANHC.
The entry forms, details, etc are all from 2013.
I'm assuming because none of the state comps have been run yet. You need to place (1st, 2nd or 3rd) in a category at your state comp to qualify for the Nationals. It' not an open invite.

Good point, no need for the Nats guys to be too busy as yet, until the states are run. Which in the case of NSW is only 8 weeks away.

:unsure:

nsw state comp is up in the air on who is running it. its undecided at this point.
as for castlehill it will be those dates with more info to come.

Yeah, with the state comp still in limbo the details of the Castle Hill comp are still in limbo. You can still brew for it of course, with the comp to be held at the end of August. As usual we will have all the styles plus meads and ciders. More details to come but something by the end of the week I hope.

Latest posts

Back