Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batz said:
I get it especially if your not right near a good HB shop that you can get ingredients on a daily basis and you might want to get some bulk things.

Brewman_ said:
Plenty of brewers here have seen the set up, and I have always welcomed inspection, in fact I have encouraged it. Maybe some have felt like they stayed too long at times, because I do like a chat.

i have visited for a pick up and had a good chat to mark (MHB) for ages, learnt a stack just from being there seeing the process and your stock, so good!

totes off topic steve.. but do you stock those beer fault dropper packs?

if ya dont, do you know where I can get them?

Yob said:

Hey Yob,
Do you mean the flavour taints for judge training?

Good idea!

I don't have them.

The local boys at HUB, Hunter United Brewers have used them for training in the past for their judges.

I can follow up and find out.

Brewman_ said:
Good idea!

I don't have them.

The local boys at HUB, Hunter United Brewers have used them for training in the past for their judges.

I can follow up and find out.
please do.. I'd like to get a sensory session going through our new venture for punters as well as myself and staff.. maybe we can get more people tuned to beer and into judging?

at the very least, I'm likely to learn a few things myself and that cant be a bad thing.

Yob said:
please do.. I'd like to get a sensory session going through our new venture for punters as well as myself and staff.. maybe we can get more people tuned to beer and into judging?

at the very least, I'm likely to learn a few things myself and that cant be a bad thing.
I agree,
Knowledgeable bar staff is a big plus.

I was at Foghorn Brewhouse in Newcastle last weekend with some friends.

They were unsure of what they wanted to have to drink.

The barman says to us, tell me what sort of beers you like. So they started to tell him. He guided them through the menu, and I did not say a word. My friends looked at me, and I said.. what he said. He knew his stuff. Knew the beers and gave some small samples to confirm what he thought they wanted. Off we went with some good beer.

New hop on Dealz
Styrian Golding's are up.

For Styrian's this is a high Alpha at 4.1%.Normally quite a bit lower. Great used late in English Ales

Think Landlord - Timothy Taylor Ale. If you've ever had one you'll know what I mean!

This is my favourite!

Quite a few good Belgians use a combo of Styrian Goldings and Saaz. I reckon both work best with pale or golden beers, but you won't go wrong with them in darker beers either.

Pretty sure the off flavour kits were purchased from the states. HUB are about to order another if it hasn't happened already.

I can get some info on this

Yob said:

From the Brewing Network - http://www.thebrewingnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=&t=22719
BJCP members can purchase a kit that makes 20 samples worth of 24 off flavors for $50.

If you are a BJCP member (ie, a judge), you can use this link http://www.bjcp.org/apps/kits/index.php , login using your BJCP id, and it will take you to the ordering page. I just tried it and it works. Cost is $50 but only payable by paypal.

Crap and I missed the cascade!!!
I'll be watching this space. I have some room I can make for some special bits and pieces; unfortunately for me I let some base hops slide and now I' chasing, I like the 500-1000g range, nearest place to me with fresh hops I can trust is 140k's. I see no point in buying supplies at cost that are doubled by postage for just one brew. I now have a dedicated freezer for brewing so I guess I'll just have to keep a closer eye on this thread.

Thanks Moad and Les.

I got onto Geoff about where they were getting there taints.

Passed onto yob in a PM.

Let me know when you guys are doing the training. I'd like to be involved.

malt junkie said:
Crap and I missed the cascade!!!
I'll be watching this space. I have some room I can make for some special bits and pieces; unfortunately for me I let some base hops slide and now I' chasing, I like the 500-1000g range, nearest place to me with fresh hops I can trust is 140k's. I see no point in buying supplies at cost that are doubled by postage for just one brew. I now have a dedicated freezer for brewing so I guess I'll just have to keep a closer eye on this thread.
The cascade resin if that's what you mean is still on dealz.

I haven't put cascade pellets on dealz yet. But it will come.
Cheers Steve.

Some new Dealz!
Hops!
Cascade
Amarillo
Simcoe
Citra

Just packed now, smells amazing here.:D

Enigma Dealz just ran out.

There is still some BBW cleaner on Dealz and the rest of the hops are still available.
Cheers Steve

Back