Brewman

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Wyeast 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale..

;)
The boys haven't sent the order form yet that has the PC's, but the Leuven pale Ale should be available until next month.

Put you down for one Yob?

More on Yeasts.
While I am on liquid yeasts. Mead's, Ciders and sours will only be available through this process. I am not holding these as general stock at the moment, but I still have some just not ordering more. Will order them as required. They take around 2 weeks to arrive from the US, which includes Wyeast manufacture time, so they are actually made to order for you.

So let me know if you need these, that way they are always fresh.

All others are stocked, to a point.

Here's the Private Collection... :icon_drool2:

Let me know if there's anything special you are after. Also check out this season's Private Collection.

Private Collection
FUNKY SPRING, (Well it is in the US, but for us it’s Funky Autumn!)
AVAILABLE FROM APRIL THROUGH JUNE 2015

Wyeast 3191-PC Berliner Weisse Blend™

Beer Styles: Berliner Weisse, Lambics, Geuze, Fruit Lambic, Flanders Red Ale
Profile: This blend includes a German ale strain with low ester formation and a dry, crisp finish. The Lactobacillus included produces moderate levels of acidity. The unique Brettanomyces strain imparts a critical earthy characteristic that is indicative of a true Berliner Weisse. When this blend is used, expect a slow start to fermentation as the yeast and bacteria in the blend is balanced to allow proper acid production. It generally requires 3-6 months of aging to fully develop flavor characteristics. Use this blend with worts containing extremely low hopping rates.

Alc. Tolerance 6% ABV
Flocculation low
Attenuation 73-77%
Temp. Range 68-72°F (20-22°C)

Wyeast 3538-PC Leuven Pale Ale™

Beer Styles: Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Dubbel and Tripel, Belgian Strong Golden and Dark Ales, Belgian Blonde Ale, Flanders Brown Ale
Profile: This vigorous top fermenting Belgian style strain produces a distinct spicy character along with mild esters. Phenolics developed during fermentation may dissipate with conditioning. 3538 is an excellent choice for a wide variety of Belgian beer styles.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation high
Attenuation 75-78%
Temp. Range 65-80°F (18-27°C)

Wyeast 5151-PC Brettanomyces claussenii™

Beer Styles: Old Ale, Historic Porters & Milds, Foreign Extra Stout, Wild & Sour Ales, Fruit Lambic, Flemish Red Ale, Belgian Specialty Ales
Profile: Notes of tropical fruit, pineapple and, to a lesser extent, peach and blueberry round out a classic Brett profile. Produces “horse blanket,” leathery, and smoky character, but at lower level than other Brett strains. Can be used as the primary strain for fermenting, but is often used after a primary fermentation with an S. cerevisiae strain, and in blends to produce sour beers. It is highly attenuative, given proper time to fully ferment out, and is known to create a pellicle during fermentation.

Alc. Tolerance 12% ABV
Flocculation low
Attenuation 80%+
Temp. Range 65-80°F (18-27°C)

Cheers Steve

Yob said:
Might grab a cider yeast as well mate..

Onya
OK Yob,
Cider - 4766
Leuven Pale Ale - 3538
Ordered for you
Cheers Steve

Fresh Wyeast arrived this week.

I was surprised to see how much of it was sold before it arrived this order.

Which is great because I think this process is working for brewers letting me know what they want and having air freighted Wyeast at their door in the fastest possible time. Those pre ordered yeasts were unpacked from the Wyeast Labs packing and placed straight into orders for brewers, don't get any fresher than that in Oz.

If you have anything that you want for the next order let me know. Order will be placed next week.

Cheers Steve

Hey Yob,

It's all cosy in my fridge ready to go.

Can you PM me the delivery details?

Cheers Steve

For those brewers that pre-ordered Wyeast.

They arrived from the US today and I just unpacked them, they are all ready to go.

Cheers and enjoy fresh Wyeasts.

I forgot to mention that New Zealand Nelson Sauvin was back in too.

Time to start thinking about the next Wyeast order. There will be a new set of Private Collection in July, details soon.

[SIZE=medium]Hi Brewers,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Time to order some more yeast from the US. I will be placing the order this weekend. If there is anything special you want let me know and I will order it from you. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]The Private Collection is new for this month.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Other News.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]New Hop.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=medium]Australian Ella. In lower doses, Ella™ can display floral and subtle spice notes, such as star anise, which is best appreciated in lagers or pilsners. With larger additions or when dry hopping, Ella™ imparts distinct tropical flavours which can be used to offset robust malt and yeast characters in many styles.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Also Galaxy is back in stock.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16pt]Wyeast Private Collection.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]AVAILABLE FROM July THROUGH September 2015[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3031-PC Saison-Brett Blend[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Beer Styles:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Belgian Specialty Ales, American-style Sour & Wild Beer, Strong Golden Ale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Profile:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] A blend of Saison yeast and Brettanomyces creates a dry and complex ale. Classic earthy and spicy farmhouse character meets tropical and stone fruit esters; aging brings elevated Brett flavor. Expect high attenuation with this blend[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3725-PC Biere de Garde[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Biere de Garde, Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Golden Strong Ale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Low to moderate ester production with subtle spiciness. Malty and full on the palate with initial sweetness. Finishes dry and slightly tart. Ferments well with no sluggishness.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Wyeast 3726-PC Farmhouse Ale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Saison, Biere de Garde, Belgian Blonde Ale, Belgian Pale Ale, Belgian Golden Strong Ale[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]This strain produces complex esters balanced with earthy/spicy notes. Slightly tart and dry with a peppery finish. A perfect strain for farmhouse ales and saisons[/SIZE]

Argh.. Spewing, no pc for me this time round brewman, I just don't brew them enough to warrant the effort..

Next collection perhaps :)

Yeah they aren't for everyone this time, well I suppose they never are.

I am thinking about the 3031 Saison Bret blend. That looks interesting and something I think I would like.

Looks l yeast might clear customs early this time.

It's a great time to get into lager brewing with the temps low.
I might be able to get my hands on a little more July dated lager yeast.
If you want some let me know ASAP.

That Wyeast dry mead yeast you sent stepped up like a champ. I have a very healthy 2L flask spinning up ATM.

Cheers, Dan

The second Wyeast Order is happening, which is great. That many brewers knocking out lagers of all sorts. Should be here in a week. :)

Danwood said:
That Wyeast dry mead yeast you sent stepped up like a champ. I have a very healthy 2L flask spinning up ATM.

Cheers, Dan
Yeah, as I said I used it myself and it was fine. Sounds like you have treated it well and it's turned out OK.
Your welcome Danwood.

Planning two Meads at the moment. One with lower Hunter Valley honey (Port Stephens), a bit darker cooler weather honey for this region, and an Upper Hunter (Merriwa) Honey, not sure on the season it is from yet.

Probably a good time to point out a couple of things about the Wyeast stocks.

If your after a Bret, Ped, Cider or Mead, I keep some, but mostly I only get these to order. So best to place your order with the normal cycle and I will get a fresh pack specifically for you.

Cheers Steve

Hey Yob,
Just waiting to hear about the delivery. It's due to arrive tomorrow. Yours are reserved.

delivered promptly, still cold again..

8 days old mrom manuf. date at pitching, fantastic work.

swelled up within an hour or so.. I got it pitched into a RIS last night with an active 099 starter (1.100)

Good work again. :)

Latest posts

Back