Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be interested in 450g Enigma please.

Ok on the Enigma.

I think with the expression of interest here and PM's and emails I have received this is getting close to, if not sold out.

For those who have expressed an interest I will offer first dibs.

No more EOI at this stage.

Cheers Steve

Dealz are on again.

Enigma is in. Most has gone already to those that expressed an interest earlier. There is some left.

POR is back too for those that missed out last time.
Current Dealz.

Dealz_May.png

Dealz are here:

Dealz

Cheers Steve

Thinking about the hop year date, as it's something I also like to see on websites and packaging from a transparency perspective. There are shoddy retailers out there who clearly have left them off and you don't know what you are getting. I know Steve is most definitely not one of those and I completely get your perspective is as a reputable and caring seller you're only selling what you personally recommend.

However if you put it into perspective I think the only people who would be disappointed in getting an earlier year are the same ones who would be wanting to confirm the year on your website before purchase, so perhaps a brief explanation if say your Galaxy 2016 versus 2017 example was in fact true would be all that was required to firstly let the buyer decide and to avoid any disappointment for anyone when opening the package. I think Full Pint nailed the online world when they were running with actual photos of everything (even down to the type of hop, they had their own photo), great product descriptions even yeast BB dates and hop years. I was hoping that this sort of transparency would be adopted by one of the online retailers. Just a thought.

The Hop year is on the hops on the website now.
Enigma is 2017
POR is 2015, the latest crop that was released.

Happy to provide a commentary on the changes in season as they switch. But it is my firm philosophy to never offer multiple years of the same hop. You will never have a choice between hop years at Brewman. The philosophy I have is to maintain as many commercial arrangements with hop sources so that when I buy I get the freshest latest / best crop I can get. Another philosophy I have to maintain the lowest hops stock possible so that they turn over fast. Also to have as little hop out of it's original packaging from the supplier as possible, which is basically a result of the above points. And once the pack is opened it is immediately packed by Vac or MAP and refrigerated again.

With the amount of fresh ingredients I have, think Malt, Hops, Spice, a photo of the actual current stock would be great, don't disagree, but not feasible without additional staff, and that's cost.

Plenty of brewers here have seen the set up, and I have always welcomed inspection, in fact I have encouraged it. Maybe some have felt like they stayed too long at times, because I do like a chat.

Brewman_ said:
Enigma is 2017

Happy to provide a commentary on the changes in season as they switch. But it is my firm philosophy to never offer multiple years of the same hop. You will never have a choice between hop years at Brewman. The philosophy I have is to maintain as many commercial arrangements with hop sources so that when I buy I get the freshest latest / best crop I can get. Another philosophy I have to maintain the lowest hops stock possible so that they turn over fast. Also to have as little hop out of it's original packaging from the supplier as possible, which is basically a result of the above points. And once the pack is opened it is immediately packed by Vac or MAP and refrigerated again.

With the amount of fresh ingredients I have, think Malt, Hops, Spice, a photo of the actual current stock would be great, don't disagree, but not feasible without additional staff, and that's cost.

Plenty of brewers here have seen the set up, and I have always welcomed inspection, in fact I have encouraged it. Maybe some have felt like they stayed too long at times, because I do like a chat.
here here to all points made, no need to justify yourself mate...if you its not good enough for you to brew with, why would you sell it to someone else

Brewman_ said:
Enigma is 2017
Steve, where on the site are the hop's year reported?
Can't find it, but maybe I'm not looking in the right spot?

When you go to the dealz, click on the hop and the product page will open.

The earlier dealz don't have the dates on them. I started it this week, see POR and Enigma

+1 to both DJ and your comments, Steve.
I don't think anyone suspects you of selling old hops; much the opposite! ... Hence if they're the freshest possible, then who cares what year 'cause it's the latest you can get; etc. Totally understand that.
However, I think I'm probably like quite a few others who have a freezer full of hops. So I like to label with year dates, just so I know which are the older ones to preference them into brews first. Also, *I* have multiple crops/years of some hops, so again to differentiate which ones to use first but also the AA% (which I believe you do anyway). So it's really all about the buyers' end of things and their system, more than anything that's required at your end [emoji6]
Basically the buyers could probably just label the purchase date on their bag o' green whenever they get their sweaty hands on it. But, well, you know... [emoji185]
And finally, it's actually a very positive selling point for your business - it'll help highlight just how awesomely fresh your hops are compared to other retailers! Win win!

I wouldn't be too stressed about dates on grains, fwiw, though a pic might be handy for the newer Brewers to get an idea of the depth of colour in the grain. I wouldn't bother with a pic of hops though - green pellets is green pellets. It was great that FP did it, but not necessary.

I hope you don't mind this bit of opinion, and I think you've chosen the right path with putting dates on the hops.
Very keen to see you continue to do well in this space!
Cheers.

I'm more than happy to buy your hops mate, they smell and taste good to me.Excellent products and service in my book.
It would be handy to be able to calculate postage when ordering so as to get the best bang for buck.
Keep it up Steve.

I agree pics of hops are a "nice to have" and not providing any benefit for the buyer, but grains definitely help.

I think that change demonstrates your commitment to homebrewers and these deal prices are awesome. I need to get brewing some IIPAs to free up some space in freezer for more [emoji108]

Just me I know. But pictures of hops or grain are worth shit IMHO, you don't know what a hop pellet or a grain of malt looks like?

Keep the prices coming, one happy customer here. :beerbang: :super:

Hop_Cake.jpg

abyss said:
I'm more than happy to buy your hops mate, they smell and taste good to me.Excellent products and service in my book.
It would be handy to be able to calculate postage when ordering so as to get the best bang for buck.
Keep it up Steve.
Thanks mate.

The postage calculator is something I have to get working.

In the short term hopefully you have an idea where the sweet spot is for small up to 1Kg freight.

For Hop Dealz (Actually not just for Dealz)

If your in a capital or most regional cities in Oz, plan on say delivery:
1Kg for $9
3kg for $12.50

If your in but f*ck no where anywhere in Austrlia, plan on say delivery.
500g for $9
1Kg for $12.50
3Kg for $12.50
5Kg for $15.00
10Kg for $20.00

Use that as a guide and you will not ever be far off.

I have 6 Enigma left!

Still plenty of POR.

Cheers Steve

^ +1 what Batz said. If you are working a day job as MHB says then much from respect from my point of view. As i said I only like a crop date on hops for my own purposes

nosco said:
^ +1 what Batz said. If you are working a day job as MHB says then much from respect from my point of view. As i said I only like a crop date on hops for my own purpose
Thanks mate.

I certainly do no do all this myself. There are a number of us.

Just looking at some Syrian Goldings. I love this stuff.

Might put that up on dealz tonight

nosco said:
. As i said I only like a crop date on hops for my own purposes
Agree.

Hi Steve, I placed an order for grain with you a couple of days ago. Do you email me with a price that includes shipping for me to pay? I haven't received one yet. Sorry, haven't ordered off your website before, have only bought in person from you so not sure of procedure for website orders.
Cheers
Andrew Burgmann

Hi Andrew,
Yes mate order is here ready to ship.

You're right I do send a postage update. I sent a couple. Maybe check spam folder?

Otherwise give me a call and we can get it sorted, or PM me.

Cheers Steve

Latest posts

Back