Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the chemist who makes the products Brewman sells, he has a doctorate in chemistry and he home brews.
He also makes up cleaning/sanitising chemicals for some local breweries, so fair to say what he puts together works well.
PBW equivalent? I think at least as good maybe better, his acid sanitiser is very good to... I still don't regard it as no rinse (personal opinion)
Mark

More hops unpacked for Dealz

New Zealand Varieties
Orbit
Dr Rudi

UK Variety
Bramling Cross

Cheers Steve

Have had Orbit over a couple of seasons and is certainly a blend that changes from year to year.

Orbit,
First time here at Brewman. Looks the goods, and yes they say they will change it, so expect something different each season.

Smells fantastic. and then the Dr Rudi, I think I am having hops overload.

Brewman_ said:
Just added the BBW. Powdered Brewery Wash. It's normally sold by the Kg, but for the Deals it is packed in a resealable foil pouch at 225g for $3.95.
I use this stuff in the laundry too.
How well does it store?

I'd be interested in a bulk price, say 5kg, as long as I can store it for a year or so. It may go faster than that, given how much mess the kids make around the house, but I don't want to run a risk of exothermic reaction if I open the container 5 times on a humid day on a regular basis.

The foil pack it comes in has a seal on the top.

Just keep the zip lock closed after each use.

The normal Brewman pack is supplied in a jerry can with a screw top lid.

POR arrived today even the packet looks cool.
Put me down for some Enigma to go with my Orbit and Dr Rudi please Steve.

image.jpg

hey steve, im up for some more cleaner next order i do, i normally use sod perc, what the difference between that and the BBW? im only running a crown urn and normally clean with sod perc....

lost at sea said:
hey steve, im up for some more cleaner next order i do, i normally use sod perc, what the difference between that and the BBW? im only running a crown urn and normally clean with sod perc....
The BBW is a more powerful cleaner than the perc.
It has Perc in it as well but also some other additives like surfactants to improve it.

Can use it on plastic, glass, and stainless.

I use the BBW in my urn or for the dirtier jobs.

Hi Nossco,
No I don't put the year on them. The packs have the AA%.

The AA% is also on the website on the Hop description. But go by the label as the hop AA% can vary between different boxes.

Brewman_ said:
The BBW is a more powerful cleaner than the perc.
It has Perc in it as well but also some other additives like surfactants to improve it.

Can use it on plastic, glass, and stainless.

I use the BBW in my urn or for the dirtier jobs.
Definitely agree with this
Anyone with a Braumeister will know what a pain in the arse it is to clean the element properly
I used to use Perc or Perc/Metasilicate but still involved a lot of manual work even after an overnight soak
BBW overnight and all I need to do is give it a rinse and the element is spotless
worth every cent for the convenience

Hey Coalminer, Same here, I use it on my vessels with exposed elements too.

A lot of guys are using this for their Gtainfather's too

Hi Brewman,

Any chance we might see you stocking some of that LupuLN2 that ychhops seems to be making? Sounds intriguing... :icon_drool2:

Latest posts

Back