Brewman Dealz

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DU99 said:
Hop hash are we going to see any
Had a hop hashed beer down at Foghorn the other day. Was a cracker!

Sounds like a grand idea!

Guys just be a bit careful, the AA is over 60% and just like pellets give better utilisation than flowers/plugs resin will hive higher utilisation than pellets. its going to be fairly easy to get way too bitter.
Hopefully Steve will post the equation, but check your calculation in BrewBuilder before you get carried away.
There is a calculator on the YC Resinate page but it only works in Barrels and to get a sensible answer you need to be thinking in 10's of barrels, or thousands of litres. You could tell it you're making 23,000L (converted to barrels) and then move your decimal point around, just don't drop it or you might get some very interesting beer!
I know Steve spent a lot of time getting an equation that works at a home brew scale.
Mark

MHB said:
Guys just be a bit careful, the AA is over 60% and just like pellets give better utilisation than flowers/plugs resin will hive higher utilisation than pellets. its going to be fairly easy to get way too bitter.
Hopefully Steve will post the equation, but check your calculation in BrewBuilder before you get carried away.
There is a calculator on the YC Resinate page but it only works in Barrels and to get a sensible answer you need to be thinking in 10's of barrels, or thousands of litres. You could tell it you're making 23,000L (converted to barrels) and then move your decimal point around, just don't drop it or you might get some very interesting beer!
I know Steve spent a lot of time getting an equation that works at a home brew scale.
Mark
Yeah the calculator on the YC page is good, but it has units that aren't what I am used to and still relies on further calculations.

I will post up one

Using Hop resins.

Calculation:
ml of resin needed =

[(IBU of beer) x (Volume of kettle at knock out) / 35] / [(Alpha acid of the resin / 10)]

Example:
To bitter a pale ale to 50 IBU's for 25 litres.
Calculation is
[(50 x 25)/35] / [(61.4/10)]

= 5.78ml Resin Say 6ml.

Notes:
IBU of beer. In Units of IBU, e.g. 50 IBU. This is what the resin addition will add, so if you have other hop additions take them away from this number. (e.g IPA 50 IBU)
Utilisation. The resins have a quoted utilisation of 35%. It's very high compared to T90 Pellets. (Value from manufacturer is 35)
Alpha acid of the resin. For Simcoe it is 61.4%

Some new Hop Dealz just being unpacked.

Pride of Ringwood

Centennial (US)

Bravo (US)

Listed on the website here.

Brewman Dealz

mofox1 said:
Jeebuz, the pride is a fantastic deal!
Yeah it is, There is a limited number too so if you want some get in fast.

Might be able to get some more varieties packed out tomorrow

I do have some Euro hops actually. Just got to get them packed up

I placed an order last night Brewman, on some Centennial, but im stil waiting on the payment email. Its my first order so im not familiar with the process ye

Steve has a real job as well as doing Brewman, I suspect you will hear from him tonight if you haven't already.

I was up there on Wednesday and gave him a hand counting new hops, there is some interesting stuff coming up, including yes Euro Hops (just for mofox).
Mark

The Centennial is out, but have just got another couple bags so will leave it up.

Got home to find the Modified Atmosphere Packaging, "MAP" gear here. Will set that up tonight and give it a run.

This means the aren't vac packed, rather the O2 / air is purged from the foils and then heat sealed.

Some already packed are vac packed.

Postage to the capital cities is
Up to 1kg $9
Up to 3Kg $12.50
up to 5Kg $15

That's for the Satchels.

After that it varies a bit.

Sydney.
up to 25Kg $15

Brisbane & Melbourne,
Up to 5kg $15
then $4 for each 5kg after that up to 25Kg