Crankandstein 2d Mill Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No probs mate, still waiting to hear from Siborg, just give me a call when you want to pick it up mate.

edit: They came to a total of $149 each after conversion and fees. Not bad for a good bit if kit. The dollar has gone up since then so theyre becoming cheaper every day.

Im going to try sort some sort of hopper. If I can get some laser cut cheap enough I will fold them up and let you guys know.

How did you guys go? All as expected?
Sorry I was in a bit of a hurry last night Siborg, had some people waiting for me out back.

mill2.jpg

20mm pine board, rain water diverter and reducer from bunnings, stained & sealed with some stuff I had lying around the garage, I just need to glue the side boards on and its good to go.

View attachment 40985
20mm pine board, rain water diverter and reducer from bunnings, stained & sealed with some stuff I had lying around the garage, I just need to glue the side boards on and its good to go.

how many kilos does it hold?

Looks like a good bolt on option for my monster mill setup.

just tested it out, 3kg up to the brim.

also, simpson maris otter is delicious

just tested it out, 3kg up to the brim

Thats purrrrdy. how have you built the top for it? The mouth of that tube is quite large, are you buffering it via some wood or does it go all the way down to the rollers?

The reason i ask is you will have some serious overflow from the grain over the sides of the rollers otherwise.

the probelm i have with my mill is its mounted underneath the baseplate and at times i have anywhere up to 10% of my grain not getting crushed due to overflow. the only solution i can come up with is to top mount it or focus the grain down closer to the rollers. The diverter would help greatly with that.

Its just a single piece with a same diameter hole as the reducer cut in to the middle of it, which i pushed all the way in flush with the bottom. The gap between the top plate and the top of the rollers is about .8mm so there isn't any room for the grain to slip out.
[edit] Oh and the ID of the reducer is 55mm, which is 5mm wider either side of the peak of each roller, but it seems fine so far. I haven't crushed a full batch of malt yet, but I did clean it out a few days ago with a few handfuls of pearl barley and I didn't get any spillage. If it becomes a problem I'll have to reduce the ID somehow.

mill3.jpg

until the grain carves a nice groove into the pine anyway..

Latest posts

Back