The 2017 Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there folks, Did anyone end up with a sack of Weyermann Wheat Malt instead of a Weyermann Pale Ale? I ended up with a Pale Ale instead of a Wheat Malt, and I don’t need the Pale Ale at all. Got 3 other sacks of pale to get through :)

Will check when I get home Mardoo

Sorry Mardoo, no bag of Wey Wheat mate.

Hey there folks, Did anyone end up with a sack of Weyermann Wheat Malt instead of a Weyermann Pale Ale?

I ended up with a Pale Ale instead of a Wheat Malt, and I don’t need the Pale Ale at all. Got 3 other sacks of pale to get through :)
Not me sorry.

Massive thanks to MJ, CB and the others who made the bulk buy possible. Was a shame to not be able to make Saturday. HUGE thanks to JB for picking up my malt and babysitting it for me!

Checked my weyerman bag, only the pils I was expecting here I'm afraid.

Massive thanks to MJ, CB and the others who made the bulk buy possible. Was a shame to not be able to make Saturday. HUGE thanks to JB for picking up my malt and babysitting it for me!
They're all tucked in & I'm playing them a nice little whales & waves audio clip :D

Only Wey Pils in my lot too Madhu.

Hopefully, someone comes through with the errant bag. CB didn't order any Wey Wheat during this & I've gone through everything we have left over (unless I've done a "boy-look" :rolleyes:).

Could everyone please do a double-check of what you got to confirm you don't have the stray bag. Andrew checked-off the whole-bags as the pallets were being broken-down, so we SHOULD be right.

Thanks MartinOC, and those who’ve had a look. There’s one more person who could reasonably have it, so I’m just waiting to hear back from the PM I sent to Wey Pale Ale buyers. If no luck, I’ll just sell it or try to find someone to swap. I want to get going on my 100% wheaten stout idea. :)

I want to get going on my 100% wheaten stout idea. :)

How can you have a 100% wheaten stout? That's kinda oxymoronic....?

If you're doing what I think you're doing, I wish you the greatest of luck & no stuck sparge....:bigcheers:

Another way to say it is a dark wheatwine. I’m planning on doing a clone-ish of Stone’s WootStout, which was fantastic, and got curious about a 100% wheat strong stout. Wheat pale and dark base, caramel wheat, chocolate wheat, roasted wheat. I’m guessing a Weiss yeast will be a bad idea, but I’ll run a side-by-side ferment for comparison. Oh yeah, and a protein rest. Nothing like drinking snot, eh?

I'm guessing you'll need a LOT of rice hulls for that & can deliver 125Kg bales by negotiation...;)

@technobabble66 TR is a butt kicker, it needs at least 6 months to smooth out, it will though. I'm half way through the bottle at the end of a session"seeingstars: I need to be up in the morning so may not make it through the bottle damn it's got a kick!

@MJ, Thanks for the feedback - most appreciated!
Glad to hear it doesn't appear to have any major flaws, and has some promise.
FWIW, the TR finished at 1.006, but didn't start too high. I think the alc% should be ~5.6%.
I find it can go down very easily even at this early stage, though i wondered about some of the rougher edges of it (given it was intended to have a somewhat higher FG, plus UK esters, etc) - that hopefully it'll smooth out to be a much nicer beer in a few months.
Cheers!

Let me know how the others go!

Big thanks to Malt Junkie and MartinOC! They’re sorting me out for the wrong bag of grain I picked up. Hugely appreciated guys!

Latest posts

Back