The 2017 Melbourne Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curly check with Martin first CB may take the rest.

Everyone should have received a PM if you haven't let me know.

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum......

Actually, not so funny at all (considering the day was an absolute mind-**** for CB). There was a "minor" mishap during delivery of the stuff from Cryer..

DSCN1834.JPG
Fear-not intrepid homebrewers, no grains were harmed in the creation of this image. I have to thank a non-AHB customer who happened to drop-in at just the right time, rolled-up his sleeves & single-handedly put all that lot onto two pallets for me whilst I was still frantically trying to get normal orders out the door for courier pick-up. The guy's a legend & his timing was impeccable.

All the grains are secure in the warehouse for tomorrow:

DSCN1836.JPG

There's an early crew that will be starting at about 8am to sort all the stuff out (there's NO ******* WAY I was going to pull all those pallets apart & mark them with names!).

We've got a plan in-place to have everything laid-out in the carpark so orders can be picked-up easily. That means when you pull into the warehouse complex, turn RIGHT to park (we're going to block-off the whole front of the warehouse).

Any complaints...

See you tomorrow!

Martin

What's the secret clever address anyone?

Cheers to all, thanks to clever for putting it on and malt junkie for organising. Big ups to mardoo for being the weighstation monkey for everyone again ofc. [emoji106]

How smoothly did moving 5 odd tonne of grain go??
Firstly gents I think a huge thanks needs to go to Martin, and the team at Clever Brewing. You guys know where to point the missus for Christmas gifts now right?
Mardoo and Curly79, the kings of splitting awesome work lads beers shall be had at the next swap.
Great to put faces to names, and catch up with those I already knew.
Finally thanks to all of you for making this BB so easy to run.

MJ

Thank You!
Nice to say Hi to a few folks, you guys did a fantastic job getting everything sorted and it was so easy to pick everything up.
Ute was dragging its bum loaded with grain and firewood on the way home.
Thanks again!

Great to meet everyone I haven’t before and have our yearly visit with the others ;)

Huge thanks to Clever Brewing, and to MartinOC for going to bat for us with the owners of CB.

Thanks to Malt Junkie (aptly named, by the look of his truck on the way out ;) ) for taking the buy on. Good luck with the mill one - may it go smoothly!

Without folks like the two of them I couldn’t afford to do stupid shit like buy 200 kilos of grain, eh?

Thanks for all the help with the splits Curly79, John, eldertaco, schooner_downunder and everyone else.

Love to make it a longer, slower day with BBQ and beers. Next time eh?

Now back to making slime with my daughter ;)

Nice work everyone. Big congrats to MJ and clever brewing! Mardoo on the scales and Martin and Andrew behind the scenes, you fellas rock[emoji106]. Best on ground award goes to young John! Your a sack moving machine! Hope dad shouted you a couple of beers on the way home. Cheers[emoji482]

Massive thanks to Martin, Mike, Mardoo and Curly and anyone else involved!sorry to not be there so big thanks to everyone for sorting my stuff out.

Thanks fellas for doing this today. It looked like it would roll out nicely when I saw all the allocated piles of various bags. I think MJ’s spreadsheet looked like it would make life easy for him as the morning got on. Enjoy the beers.

Yep, a big thanks to the organisers. Great work.

Mardoo was flat out, but I managed to extract some secret info out of him.....'a MYKI card, less one notch'. That's technical speak for setting roller clearance on a MillMaster with fluted rollers. Ripper.

Yep, a big thanks to the organisers. Great work.

Mardoo was flat out, but I managed to extract some secret info out of him.....'a MYKI card, less one notch'. That's technical speak for setting roller clearance on a MillMaster with fluted rollers. Ripper.
Ah, one more plus for the fluted roller mill - I had an instant efficiency increase of 5%.

Thanks again to Mike and Martin for all their effort with this bulk buy. Big thanks also to the guys that loaded my grain into the wife's car saving her a potential back injury which could hinder any housework.
Mike and Martin, got no hb atm but hope you got the sixer of SNPA as a small thankyou offering. Cheers again.

Back