Mash Master Mill Master Mini mill Bulk Buy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8C7AB934-B0A2-4A51-96A1-2E461FA3F43D.jpeg
Not the best photo, but no scope to tighten the head as you would on a normal drill chuck

I think you bought the paint stirring one mate. I made the same mistake. There's an identical model but the attachments are different, i'll try find a link for you

Yeah that’d be it.. oops.
Cheers, will head back and switch it over

I use the same as my mill motor. The trigger lock has a clicking dial. Just dial the speed as low as will keep churning. The low speed avoids stripping and destroying the husk

Cheers Timmi looks like the way I'll go then too easy

Just looked up that drill Bribie which has a top speed of 550 rpm
How do you go with it trigger a bit slower ?
It's variable speed. There's a dial (one of those red things you can see in the pic) that you just screw down to give progressively lower revs. At its lowest speed when I used it on the Marga Mulino mill it ran it at the speed of a fat Italian Mama cranking it quickly enough to raise a sweat.

timmi beat me to it.

Thanks for that, I've been twiddling the dials and seeing what they do, but unsure how to set a good gap.

BTW the 4 top and 4 bottom holes for attaching hopper and attach to a board or whatever are 1/4 inch imperial, took one into Bunnings.
The 1/4 inchers I bought are very slightly on the wobble so I guess the thread isn't exactly identical, but they fit just fine and will be ok for the purposes once 4 of them are bolted home with washers.

It comes with a spare bolt for the hopper so I attached the hopper with 3 and used the other 2 to attach the ill to a piece of ply I had laying around.

Why use 4 bolts when 3 or 2 will do? haha

Mine looks pretty similar to yours.

The hole under the mill probably needs to be a little bigger on mine as crushed grain was getting caught between it and the mill and it was a prick to get it out.

guys - start putting your second-hand mill on for sale :) still waiting for one...

cheers
stefan Brisbane

that or it's time for a second bulk buy...
At the BB price it was the bargain of the year, at current retail it's still bloody good value for money. Remember we rely on our local retailers for all our bits and pieces throughout the year, BB's are a one off thing to help excite the market not under mine it. There will be other BB's but not on mills for a good while.

If you are having issues with the Ozito Spade Handle Drill working properly with your MM, it may be because the "natural" way of attaching the drill means you have to run it in reverse. The drill does not like that - at all. It basically means that you are running the gearbox backwards, which makes the drill stick, reduces the torque, causes excessive wobble and makes the milling experience unpleasant. The trigger mechanism on the drill is designed such that you can't lock the trigger when running backwards and the maximum speed in reverse is also limited. If you are going in reverse, you are doing it wrong and the drill will let you know.

To get the best outcome from the drill, you will have to reconfigure the mill/drill such that the drill runs in forward mode. Simplest method is to turn the mill 180 degrees around and attach the drill to the keyed shaft, instead of the triangular shaft. Bad news is that because the shaft is not centered, the drill will have to shift along the side of the mill to line up with the shaft.

I'll have to have a closer look at the mill to see if it is possible to rearrange the rollers, but I don't think so. Just swapping the rollers would cause them to spin backwards, which won't work since the flutes are asymmetrical. It may work if the shaft can be removed from the roller and inserted in the opposite direction.

Back