Crankandstein 2d Mill Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

husky

hop addict
Reaction score
I sent an email to Crankandstein last week to enquire about postage rates for multiple mills. His reply indicated that a discount for multiple mills was available if I can get some quantities to him.
The exact discount wont be known until I get some final numbers.

Basically Im getting interest here so post up if youre keen. This will obviously have to be an approved buy before It can be official.

Im setting this thursday 12th August as the date Im letting Crankandstein know what number were after. If theres no one interested Im just going to order one for my self, so no harm done if no one selse is interested.

Im looking at the 2D mill with 1/2 inch shaft. Ideally the buy will be for the one type only to keep payment and postage easy but may open it up if we can be supplied with individual costs per person.

Melbourne buyers only at this stage although interstaters post up interest incase we can work something out by doing seperate postage from the US.

Im expecting the mills to cost between $130-$160AU landed in Melbourne but that wont be confirmed until actual numbers are known.

I'm located in the Knox area Vic and am prepared to have the mills posted to me and people can pick up from there.

Payment details will have to be worked out but i'm hoping we can all transfer funds directly to Crankandstein, if not Im happy to have funds transferred to me and I can make one payment to them.

http://www.crankandstein.net/index.php?mai...;products_id=11

Any interest?

Total price for 1 unit shipped to Melbourne with a 1/2 drive shaft is $169.45 US

or you could go stock standard 2a for $139.45 US

Add $50 US extra for SS rollers.

I got my 2a about 4 years ago for $140 AUS

Great mill. Dont see the advantage of paying more for the 2d.

Although 1/2" is needed for pulley.

Just had an email from them.
6 x 2D with 1/2 inch drive = $776US = $142AU each landed in Melbourne.
Will need 5 others, any takers? Basically getting the 1/2 drive thrown in.

Just had an email from them.
6 x 2D with 1/2 inch drive = $776US = $142AU each landed in Melbourne.
Will need 5 others, any takers? Basically getting the 1/2 drive thrown in.
I'm in

Even if we can get one other it might still be possible. Don was saying they can get three of their mills in the one postage pack for $43. I would just have to make sure he would still be happy to do that price if we only order 3 instead of 6.

Im sending Don an email now to see if he is happy to do the same price for just three mills(Im thinking he will).
That being the case I guess we will need some sort of approval and then we can order them in.

Crankandstein 2D mills with 1/2 inch drive:

Husky
Siborg
Felten

Don @ Crankandstein is happy to do three mills at that price so I have sent a PM to Dane to see about approval and then we can order. Mario, for this price mills need to be posted in boxes of three so unless two others put names down or one of the others pulls out you may not be able to jump on this one.

PM sent to the first two who posted interest. This has been approved, just need to sort the financials. Mario, Ill shoot you a PM if one drops out.

Payment received from Siborg - thanks mate
Bank details sent to Felten.
I ordered the three mills this morning and sent the funds to Crankandstein, so Im hoping to hear back soon about ETA and will keep you guys updated.

Guys, I have just had an email from USPS to say they received a package on the 28th August so I will update again when i get an update that it has landed in oz.
cheers

Guys, I have just had an email from USPS to say they received a package on the 28th August so I will update again when i get an update that it has landed in oz.
cheers
Cheers, mate. Was just about to give you a buzz to see where it was at.

Detailed Results:

Out of Foreign Customs, September 03, 2010, 3:38 pm, AUSTRALIA
Into Foreign Customs, September 03, 2010, 3:15 pm, AUSTRALIA
Arrived Abroad, September 03, 2010, 3:15 pm, AUSTRALIA
International Dispatch, August 30, 2010, 6:33 pm, ISC MIAMI FL (USPS)
Arrival
Electronic Shipping Info Received, August 27, 2010

Looks like we should have them shortly guys!

Guys, I have just been informed that there is a package waiting for me at the post office. Will get down there tonight and pick it up. Give me a call or shoot me a PM to arrange a time to pick the mills up.
cheers

Picked them up this arvo, they look like a nice bit of gear!

Just picked it up, now to figure out how to mount and run it...

Thanks again to husky for organising such a pain free bulk buy.

Latest posts

Back