Brand new products from Barleyman

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's haul includes some very interesting products, in my humble opinion.

Today we've added Apollo hops in 100g lots, plus brand new/experimental hops Jarrylo and ADHA-529 (so new it has no name!). The Jarrylo brings pear, orange, spicy and fruity as well as a whopping 16.1% alpha, and the ADHA-529 brings 12% alpha and is described as sweet, coconut, lemon, mint tea, greenherb tea.

Last but certainly not least, we've got a limited supply of HopShots/CO2 Hop Extract in 10ml syringes. This bittering agent measures in at 61.1% alpha acid, and aids super hoppy brews from ending up a kettle full of hop chunks. A key ingredient in some high IBU American DIPAs and QuadPAs.

We've got more products to add over the weekend, but they're still in the photography studio getting their hair done.

Happy brewing all!

hmmm... 'ADHA-529 Summer Ale'

has a nice ring to it -_-

I don't know about the name, but I think it would work well in a Summer Ale!

At Widmers in Oregon I had a few codenamed IPAs - one was eventually named Citra (HBC-394 I think it was) :chug:

Today's addition to the arsenal is a few bits and bobs to fill the gaps in our selection.

We've added dark dried malt extract, some Mangrove Jack's dried yeasts (Workhorse, Bohemian Lager, British Ale and Burton Union), Mangrove Jack's Apple Cider 2.4kg goo pouches and the ever exciting Hydrometer and Iodophor sanitiser!

In other news, we've received our first shipment of SS Brewing Technologies Brew Buckets (already sold out, sorry!) and 7 gallon Chronicals (got a few left!). I'll be setting a Chronical up here at the warehouse for anyone who wants to kick the tyres.

Look for more additions tomorrow.

Good news everybody!

475379_1285024901819_200_181.jpg

We'll have a few more Brewbuckets in this week! I have updated the site to reflect. Remember, first in, best dressed!

Another lot of new stock added to the site:

Safale US-05 and S-04, Saflager W-34/70 and S-23 dried yeast packs.

Stainless thermowells to pimp your BrewBuckets! Or any other fermenter or thin walled vessel for that matter.

Refractometers, and a fancy new carb cap from keg King - with a hose barb inside the cap, which allows you to force carbonate pet bottles, counter pressure pet bottles and clean your beer lines! I love products like this - that's three things I do regularly, now combined into one tool.

More products to be added tomorrow. And keep an eye out for this week's mid-week madness. It's going to be a doozy!

Edit: whoops! Missing an eye - thanks SBOB

Nick R said:
And keep an out for this week's mid-week madness. It's going to be a doozy!
consider my 'out' kept...
planning on ordering a few recipes worth of grains so hopefully 'doozy' suitable ;)

I got ahead of myself and put new products on the site this afternoon:
  • 1kg bags of sodium percarbonate - keep your gear clean!
  • Phosphoric acid sanitiser - keep your beer clean!
  • Stainless steel growlers - keep your beer carbed and cool for when you have to leave the house!

Just placed my first order through you guys, can't wait to get my hands on some Yeastbay Funktown (been waiting for an empty fermenter for ages!)

Any chance you're going to stock any Fresh Wort kits at all? Still trying to convert my father in law to all grain but failing!

Hi Grant - thanks for your order! The Funktown is pretty special - make sure to keep the fermentation reasonably warm.

No immediate plans for FWK's, but it's not out of the question. PM me your favourite brands and I'll see what I can do.

Nick R said:
I don't know about the name, but I think it would work well in a Summer Ale!
Just brewed a scrounged together 'Summer of 529' Summer Ale, smells heavenly, gunna have to order more I think! Cracker of a hop!

Do you guys have a minimum order on cracked grain? I only brew in 5L carbouys (bloody apartment living!), currently planning some RIS and Barleywine recipes that call for small amounts of spec malts.

I brewed with it yesterday - smelled great during the boil! Just a simple APA to try it out. The bittering characteristics are good too, not too bitey.

No minimum order on cracked grain. Go wild!

Added to the range this morning:

250g lots of Warrior, Centennial, Hallertau Mittelfruh,Pacific Gem and (Organic) Rakau

Got a bit of time, so expect some more 250g lots today :)

Hey Nick pick up vial of funkytown few days ago from you.Wondering if bottling is the go with a simple pale ale to get the feel for it. Would the characteristics will develop with more time in contact in a bottle

Hi mate,

With Funkytown, just brew your favourite pale ale recipe and use the yeast like a normal liquid yeast. Keep the temperature a bit higher than normal. It will bring out some lovely papaya/pawpaw and stonefruit aroma. Give it a bit longer in the primary fermenter (an extra week than you normally would) to give the brett a bit more time to do its thing.

The brett will keep working in the bottle, but it will probably only continue to dry out the beer and I can't say what kind of extra flavour it will bring.

If you are still working in the area and can drop in, I'll bring a bottle in from home and you can see how it will turn out.

Absolute champion Nick! Go wild on cracked grains I did, they arrived the same day, all individually packaged and labelled (yes, I have ordered multiple grains from others before and had them arrive unlabeled, trying to tell the difference in Carafa I and III by sight and smell isn't easy!). Another brilliant order!

New products this week:

• Beer/gas line
  • Food safe vinyl tubing
  • Little Brown Pumps
  • Oxygen flowmeters (pimp your oxy kit and stop wasting gas!)
  • Budget 25' stainless coils
  • Superautomatica bench cappers and tirage bells
  • 0.5 micron NPT/hosetail stainless airstones
  • 30L bucket style fermenters
Enjoy!

I just wanted to say thanks for the great service mate. I got the funktown yeast and used it in a pale. It came still cold and was delivered quickly. Been two weeks in the fermenter and dropped down to gravity quickly. Raised the temp a little to finis off and initial sampling is great. Nice and dry and both the hop and malt seem to be well balanced. Will keg it today hopefully be drinking over the weekend. Now to have a go at the Wallonian farmhouse I got . Hmm. Any suggestions on that one Nick?Temperature wise.

Thanks mate, glad you enjoy the service!

For the Wallonian, give it a bit of heat - say about 22 so it gets a good chance to throw some of it's tart and "funky" flavours. Maybe even a raise in the last few days to push it a little. Oh, and make sure you have a blowoff or headspace, as it likes to climb out of the fermenter!

I've got one working in a dark saison with black peppercorns added at 5 minutes.

Latest posts

Back