Barleyman Home Brewing Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sharpcliff said:
Any chance you'll be putting in another order with the Yeast bay anytime soon?
Yep! We're opening a pre-order next week, with a delivery aimed for mid December.

TheWiggman said:
Is the hydrometer on your web site the French made Alla brand? Looking for a like-replacement.
Sorry Wigg, they are the KegKing model and unlikely to be made in France.

What happened to all the tirage bells? Last week you had heaps now you're out of stock! Has there there been a big run on them in the last week?

Is the pre order for yeast bay yeasts open yet? I can't figure out how to do it from the website but am very keen to try a few strains

roastin said:
What happened to all the tirage bells? Last week you had heaps now you're out of stock! Has there there been a big run on them in the last week?

We did! It's saison season and people are capping like mad! More in next week :)

contrarian said:
Is the pre order for yeast bay yeasts open yet? I can't figure out how to do it from the website but am very keen to try a few strains
We'll be opening it this weekend,

Lots of people have been asking for the next Yeast Bay order, and when our pre-order will be opening. Regrettably, we're in the process of offering Barleyman for sale, so we won't be opening a pre-order when we can't guarantee delivery. In the mean time, our comrades at fullpint.com.au are stocking Yeast Bay yeasts, so you may want to source them from there in the short term.

As I mentioned, Barleyman is for sale. We've come to a point where Barleyman is taking so much time, and my wife and I are simply unable to keep up with full time jobs and the Barleyman on the side, even with the help of the irrepressible Trevor manning the warehouse. If you are interested in making an offer on the business, please get in touch with me personally at [email protected]

This very well may be the worst news I've heard in a very long time. Nick, your business model is just perfect IMHO and I truly hope that whoever buys you out doesn't change a thing.

With that said, I wish you nothing but the best as you move forward.

Cheers,

Matto

Ruined my day!
You were where I got started, got plenty of advice, and only orders I made elsewhere were for things you didn't stock or things out of stock.
I'm almost clean out of malt too, so best hunt it down somewhere.
All the best to you and Trevor. Sorely missed!

Cheers,
Bruce

Thanks guys! Hopefully someone with the right attitude buys and keeps her going. We're pretty much a victim of our own success - gotten too busy to keep on top of it!

Bummer man. I've only bought from you a handful of times but the service has been great. Best of luck with whatever you do next, cheers

I agree a very sad day service amazing and you were my online go to... FYI still best online shop around .. And service crazy good

Spewing. Best range of interesting malts and yeasts around. Just spewing.
All that gladfield stuff to try. I hope someone buys it and keeps the same stock.

Absolutely! Just made my first grain purchase from someone else. $50 delivery instead of picking up myself, and no friendly face with knowledge to see, no tasting, no sticking beaking at stuff, no chat about what they're brewing, no service.
In mourning

I think you have it wrong... you're meant to quit your normal job to own a brew shop... you are doing it backwards ;)

Hoploader said:
Absolutely! Just made my first grain purchase from someone else. $50 delivery instead of picking up myself, and no friendly face with knowledge to see, no tasting, no sticking beaking at stuff, no chat about what they're brewing, no service.
In mourning
Hop! we are still open for business for now, and we'd appreciate the orders! sorry you had to shop elsewhere :(

SBOB said:
I think you have it wrong... you're meant to quit your normal job to own a brew shop... you are doing it backwards ;)
If Barleyman paid as much as my full time gig, I would do it in an instant!

Back