Barleyman Home Brewing Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great bend-over-backwards service from these guys.

Aus Post Express Post failed to deliver (Barleyman got my order to Aus Post on time Weds, Aus Post logged it and sent it on to its distribution centre that same day, but my package still hadn't arrived by 5pm Fri). As a result some liquid yeast spent the weekend in Aus Post's distribution centre.

On Sunday night I let Barleyman know about Aus Post's crappiness. And on Monday Trevor was kind enough to drop a new vial of yeast to my apartment block on his way home from work. Great stuff! And not something they had to do considering it wasn't their fault.

Hi Nick,

Any WLP041 with the yeast restock? Website says no.

Also can you tell us how much a white labs yeast + your packaging weighs? How much hops can I get away adding to the 500g express satchel? :)

Howdy brewers!

Just a quick note to say we'll be closed this Saturday 30 May for a well deserved day out at GABS Sydney. If you're heading along and you spot us, come and say hello!

So last chance for supplies before the weekend, you'll need to order tonight for shipping tomorrow.

Hey Nick,
any chance you've got some Calcium sulfate coming in soon, need to restock all my salts been waiting for this one to pop back up before ordering the lot from you.
thanks
Mike

Hi Nick,

Just went to the website to order some Cal Yeast 001, out of stock. When are you re-ordering?

Dan

Nick, Mate.... lay off the coffee....

Ordered 8:36
'Shipped' 8:47 (assume that means a sticker is on the package, not actually out the door)

11 mins to pack an order is a little insane.

Also, am i right in assuming that the 1 year mark is approaching?

Will you be getting fermcap-s or fermcap-at (whatever it is called now, the foam control stuff) anytime soon?

Hey Nick,

I usually grab some Wyeast 2308 from Ross up here at CB, however he is out of stock for a while now, and I need to get a smoky German brew happening.
What can you recommend in its place in the White Labs range - I got a Hef IV a while back and was an awesome beast of a thing ... :lol:

Cheers

chubby

AshleyB said:
Will you be getting fermcap-s or fermcap-at (whatever it is called now, the foam control stuff) anytime soon?
Hi Ash - we actually have it in the warehouse, but it's yet to be packaged for sale. Won't be too long!

chubbytaxman said:
Hey Nick,

I usually grab some Wyeast 2308 from Ross up here at CB, however he is out of stock for a while now, and I need to get a smoky German brew happening.
What can you recommend in its place in the White Labs range - I got a Hef IV a while back and was an awesome beast of a thing ... :lol:

Cheers

chubby
Chubs! My favourite WLP820 Octoberfest/Maerzen yeast. That's definitely a Munich strain and wonderfully malty. Just give it a bit of time to get going :)

If you want to experiment, we also have Yeast Bay Hessian Pils and Franconian Dark Lager yeast strains.

We've restocked with a whole big bunch of malts (see the mid week madness thread for an offer!) and fresh White Labs yeast lands tomorrow.

New malts added this time around:

Bairds Light Crystal
Bairds Amber
Thomas Fawcett Oat Malt

Enjoy!

Just updated the website for our latest big delivery of yeast! Loads of fresh White Labs vials available now.

We've also just heard from White Labs that from our next delivery some strains will be moving to their new PurePitch soft packaging. if you're not up on it, it's pretty nifty where the yeast is propagated in the packaging, so it never hits a packaging line or transfer pipe. It's also Co2 permeable, so the yeast is less stressed during storage, and has a longer shelf life. What's not to love?

We're rocking the SS Brewtech BrewMaster Buckets back in stock! Get in quick if you want one - they go quickly :)

Just a word to let everyone know we're back up to our full complement of malts from Weyermann, Bairds, Barrett Burston and Thomas Fawcett. Including sack sales on popular base malts :)

Happy brewing all!

Hi everyone!

We have loads of fresh White Labs yeast right off the plane in stock now. We've also received WLP001 and WLP002 in the fancy new Flexcell packaging!

An interesting new addition to our range - aged hop plugs for sour brewing! We've taken some 2006 Hersbrucker plugs and aged them in mesh bags for the last 12 months. They are now nice and grassy and ready to use in your next lambic.

We've also re-stocked in a number of bits and bobs, including high alpha (61%) for those supercharged IIPAs!

Happy brewing everyone!

Is the hydrometer on your web site the French made Alla brand? Looking for a like-replacement.

Latest posts

Back