Barleyman Home Brewing Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vykuza

Reaction score
Against good advice, my wonderful wife and I have gone into business selling home brewing ingredients online at www.barleyman.com.au

We've been running a bit quiet for the past couple of weeks to nail down our processes, but tonight is our official launch!

We're based in Padstow, Sydney and offer a growing range of all-grain ingredients from White Labs, Weyermann, Thomas Fawcett, Barrett Burston, Bairds, Lallemand and a big range of hops. All yeasts are stored and shipped at no extra charge and malts milled fresh for 3V or BIAB and vacuum packed

Our other big news is that we're the sole Australian stockist of the Yeast Bay yeasts. If you want to try something different, or love brewing sour or funky beers, then check out the range. The Yeast Bay yeasts were bottled this Monday by White Labs in the US, so you can't get any fresher!

We offer same day shipping for all orders received before 11am, and we don't ship Fridays, to ensure your ingredients don't sit in a hot truck all weekend. We ship by Australia post (standard or express) and Fastway. Sydneysiders can collect from our warehouse Sunday-Friday if you're so inclined.

Ultimately, we're aiming to be the online store that we'd like to buy from ourselves!

plain logo.jpg

Good luck with the venture Nick R. The site looks great. It's fantastic to see so many new HB stores taking off.

Viva la brewolution!

Yes, best of luck. I'm very pleased to see another HB shop catering to all-grain brewers. Any chance you'll be selling whole bags? I don't see prices on your website for whole bags but I might have missed it.

All the best,

matto

We certainly can Matto! I'll put some up for sale this weekend. If you're in a hurry, give us a call tomorrow or email me at [email protected]

We can courier sacks anywhere in the Sydney metro for $10.75

Good luck to you and your missus Nick! Let us know if you want to stock any of our brewing hardware and Brooke will shoot you some details.

I really look forward to the wide selection of grain, yeast and hops with Australia post shipping and I'll be placing orders shortly. I think your last line is right on the money - becoming an online store that you'd like to order from yourselves.

-Michael.

Funny! You are on my list of folks to contact, to try and stock your products. I've had one of Michael's v3's since before Christmas, meaning to write up a review - but instead will turn to selling them. Can't get much more of a wrap than that!

I'll be in touch Monday.

Wow, thanks for the wrap Nick!

I'll PM you Brooke's email so the spam bots don't pick it up :)

Really impressed with your yeast range!

That Beesel bret blend from Yeast Bay is pretty damn tempting, I may have to invest in a glass carboy or 2 and have a crack at some sours.

Stopped by yesterday and was blown away by the huge range of grain, yeast and hops on stock. Can highly recommend. Great work Nick.

My order arrived at work today. I wasn't sure how you were shipping the yeast, but i was extremely pleased to find a Styrofoam box with a cool pack inside and the yeast still cold! That's almost three days. Great service and can't wait to try out the new strains!

Won't hesitate to buy again.

Glad to hear the yeast was still cold! Enjoy, and don't forget to let us know what you think of the new strains.

Hey Nick, have you considered a grain book type system for specialty grains? Impressive range so far and stoked you're not far from me!

I'll have a look in to it this weekend, as I've never used one before. Any particular hints/tips/pros/cons about it?

Grain and grape do one, as does my local brew shop which isnt so local anymore. I just find it convenient to pay up front and then be able to order it and pick it up the next day. I guess its cheaper then buying bits and pieces each time and better than storing sacks of grain you don't use much of. If it was an unnecessary headache for you though i wouldn't be offended if you told me where to go...ha

maybe being stupid but when ordering grain what does milled 3 v mean? when ordering from other places i just ask for it to be milled

the options being 'Milled 3v' and 'Milled BIAB', i would say the coarseness of the mill.

from my understanding, you need a coarser crush for a 3v system... i biab, so not from experience.

what is your setup?

as a side note, all my grain ordered last week has been turned into bitter sugar water, ready for the yeasties.
mmmmmmm... 100L of wort :icon_drool2:

Spot on - thanks n87.

We mill the grain finer for BIAB brewers, who don't need to be as concerned with the intactness of the husk to filter the grain bed. RIMS, HERMS and three vessel brewing systems will typically need a courser crush to help avoid stuck sparges.

Back