Brand new products from Barleyman

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
coming for a visit tomorrow morning mate.

We are chock loaded with fresh 2015 crop hops (being added to the site as they are packaged), Grainfathers, Brew Master Buckets and other delicious goodies!

We've also added some Briess and Simpsons malts to our repertoire. Including Briess Brewer's Malt (aka American 2 row), Midnight Wheat and Victory, plus Simpsons Heritage Crystal and Golden Naked Oats (yum!).

Of course, that's in addition to our Weyermann, Barrett Burston, Bairds, Thomas Fawcett, Voyager and Dingemans ranges.

We've also taken delivery of a number of second hand ball lock kegs! They are sold pressurised, but will contain soft drink syrup, but we're throwing a pressure wash over the outside of them this weekend. They also come with a free seal replacement kit, for all the o-rings! Needless to say, new kegs are also available.

And for those that have been asking, - yes - we will have Fermcap in stock, hopefully from this week as our packaging materials arrive from backorder.

Happy brewing all!

Nick R said:
We've also taken delivery of a number of second hand ball lock kegs! They are sold pressurised, but will contain soft drink syrup, but we're throwing a pressure wash over the outside of them this weekend. They also come with a free seal replacement kit, for all the o-rings! Needless to say, new kegs are also available.

Happy brewing all!
Hi Nick R,

I'm thinking of setting up some softdrink in my kegerator and have a couple of questions.
What flavour syrups are the kegs available and in?
What's the shelf life of the syrup and how many drinks can you expect to get from each keg?
Isn't the syrup very heavy and wouldn't the freight cost be expensive?
Finally what's the cost of replacement syrup and the best pressure and temperature to serve it at?

Cheers, :beer:

Ah, I don't think he's selling softdrink syrup, the used kegs just have some residue in them.

tiprya said:
Ah, I don't think he's selling softdrink syrup, the used kegs just have some residue in them.
I should really wait to post this until another 200 people point this out but it might totally derail Nicks thread so I'll do it now:

I know, I just bumped his thread in a way that gives me my jollies at the same time :lol:

Soft drink syrup eh? Not my game ;)

BUT I can announce we've just taken delivery and set live orders for a range of Gladfield malts!

We're stocking the Toffee, Dark Chocolate, Redback, Aurora, Rye, Shepherds Delight, Manuka Smoked Malt, Gladiator, Light Lager and American Ale malts for now - and expect the range to grow!

Nick,
A couple of questions:

1: Are you planning on getting Voyager base malts back in stock? (particularly Veloria)

2a: is there a way to have Base malts and Speciality malts as well as the region?
it is a little bit of a pain when you are looking for a certain type of malt, and you have to go through 5 different places to find it

2b: if you add multiple somethings to your cart, sometimes it doesn't add to your cart.
I am guessing this may be due to trying to order more than you have in stock, but there is no error that comes up, or a low stock notification
can be annoying when you look back through a big order and realise that a couple of grains have disappeared.

2c: Your menus are giving me the shirts, specially when looking for grain
If i hover over products, go down to grain and move the mouse right to select the different region too quickly, the menu will disappear.

A couple of small gripes, but still a very good overall experience... with same day shipping!

Back