45 Degress In Adelaide - Time To Consume Some Icey Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:chug: i am very happy that my 46l of ale is not effected by the heat got to love fermenting fridges :beer:

glad im on holidays tommorrow but i have a new problem my beer is evaporating fast out of the glass

You guys should move up to this hot tropical queensland, we had 31 today!!!! :wub:

QldKev

Sorry, just checked to local airport readings, we got a max 30.2 today.... :beerbang: :beerbang:

Geeze it is hot

QldKev

NeighboursBlog_Getty.jpg

"Yes Dorrie, Ena Sharples round on Coronation St. says she heard it will be 51* tomorrow" :lol:

stagga.

Yep, hearing the forcast for Adelaide made me shut up about the temp here in Syd.

Cheers guys.

going to be 40+ for the rest of the week guys. Grab a case of VB, it'll see you through.

Say what you will about -40C, when I'm cold I only have to put on more clothes or cover up with a blanket. But when you're hot.....you're pretty much stuck without A/C.

And where I grew up, north of Saskatoon, the record high was 42C and less than a year later it hit -56C. I really don't like either extreme.

FWIW, I can't fathom the temps there now. You have my sympathies. I wonder how many homebrewers try to cuddle up next to a full keg in order to get some sleep tonight.

Newguy,
Ive been to Canada when it's been 43 this time of year............
43 foot deep dry powder that is... :D

Luke

HTFU you mob of namby pamby,girls blouse,tea cosy,nancy boys !

NeighboursBlog_Getty.jpg

"Yes Dorrie, Ena Sharples round on Coronation St. says she heard it will be 51* tomorrow" :lol:

stagga.

And what does Herb think of that? We at No 96 are refusing to drink beer during this heatwave :ph34r: My Aldo reckons dehydration via beer swilling will not help & Norma & Alf upstairs are on the H20 for the duration. Goodness knows what the resident poof is thinking? :lol:

TP :beer:

8pm - still 40c in Geelong

I bought a wine fridge from Aldi about 2 years ago to store my wine collection. Has been fantastic as a fermentation fridge!... whilst the Grange bakes away in the kitchen cupboard. Hey... was never gonna drink it anyway! :icon_cheers:

pic-joe-armao-420x0.jpg

Melbourne heat today bent the train tracks, this is going to be an interesting week.

yeah its a stinkin ******* of a day alright luckily im on night shift this week so i sleep through most of the day with the air con cranked and come out at night when its cooler (a cool 30 degrees at midnight last night :D ).

my hat goes off to the factory workers out there, i used to be there guys i know what its like, i will be drinking a beer in salute to you when i knock off tonight.

cheers
carty

I feel for you lot. That sort of heat is opressive.

I remember living in cobar in NSW.......... out near broken hill (where they filmed the mad max movies) and during the 1995 dorught it hit 50 deg at 3 in the arvo for 2 weeks strait.......... made it to 53 one day..... air temp in the shade.

HEat like that is nasty. Keep cool and keep your fuids up folks!

have fun!

cheers

pic-joe-armao-420x0.jpg

Melbourne heat today bent the train tracks, this is going to be an interesting week.

yeah we had train and tram delays in adelaide cause of the heat, which is awesome since te public transport system in this inbred backwater state is f#$ked enough on a normal day, its a bit sad when the new trams cant cope with the heat so they bring out the old school trams to do the run, ahhhh adelaide it takes f#$king forever to get things done in this place and when we finally have progess its not done properly.

lets hear it for the one way expressway WOOOOO!

cheers
carty

43* in Melbourne 32* in the pool... 33 inside......
Time for a HB

IMG_2941.JPG

Weren't there that day, but I spent a few days in a row over 50C in Jan 2005

Batz, you`re an ex Pilbara/Newman man, what was the hottest you saw over there?

stagga.

We had 48 in Tom Price once,but days and days of 45,and I worked outside in it for 25 years.You get to old for that shit after a while.

Batz

Latest posts

Back