45 Degress In Adelaide - Time To Consume Some Icey Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just been out watering the veggie patch and fruit trees, fire bommber skims over the house.... run inside and check CFS webpage.. tree fire at crafers, hope they get it out quick.

Oh well, time for a larger and keep tabs on the CFS website..

H.

Where are all the people that whinge all winter saying they cant wait for summer?

Thumbs up to all the people that have to keep on working in the heat.

Where are all the people that whinge all winter saying they cant wait for summer?

Well I'll confess I'm one of those..The only reason I do complain is that we don't actually have a winter, we have months of wet miserable cold...Now if it snowed and we had a real winter, well then I wouldn't complain..

I'm also not complaining about todays weather, just a little on edge when it gets this hot up in the hills, otherwise fine.

Himzo.

That surely isn't me..........I love winter, the walking to and from work becomes comfortable, and faster.

Give a nice dry winter day anytime.....

My body is going to get a workout next week if this heat keeps up, i go to Japan snowboarding next week. 40 to -12 in 9hrs.

I'll probably catch bloody pneumonia.

Leary

Also in melb with 40+ temps

First time brewing through summer and was worried about keeping a steady temp for the batch i mixed on the weekend just gone.

But with fermenter in cupboard, wet towl and a 12 hourly swap of 3 litre ice brick (plus evap cooling) and she is staying steady at 18 degrees.

Now just have to hope that the electricity doesn't fail like in the office this afternoon...

With this heat wave we are expecting, I will have to put on an extra brew to make sure I don't run out of beer at the rate it is being consumed...

It's going to get a hammering this weekend, no doubt about that!

Crundle

Problem is, I don't think my liver can keep up with it. :lol:

oh, differant fluids.... :unsure:

They are all light beers arnt they butters? you will live :)

I have seen a few days in the low 50's south of singleton in the hunter valley. Its an open cut coal mine alley and the air super heats over the bare earth. Those were readings from propper white shaded weather stations as well.

was only for a day here and there when the temp was in the low 40's in town away from the mines.

you guys are copping it to get temps like that over 3 or 4 consecutive days. Would be isolated pockets of may hotter temps and they are not places you will want to be.

cheers

They are all light beers arnt they butters? you will live :)

My last 3 batches have all been >1045OG....so I'm staggering a bit atm. Not big beers, but bigger than usual for me. :lol:

Himzo I'm with you ... the winters up here are wet and cold and the heating bill sucks. But the plus side is we haven't run the aircon in 3 years ... but I think we will succumb tonight or maybe tomorrow. Its 28 in the house at 7am and 32 outside already, I can't bear to think what it is on the plains!
This is worse than last years 1:3000 year heatwave because the T isn't dropping in the night!

I think no one in Australia especially in South Australia should complain about winter. Hell rain is gold and we need a hell alot of it. The poor murray :( but summer does rock it brings the 3 B's out BEER BABES and BIKINIS :D

Its 28 in the house at 7am and 32 outside already, I can't bear to think what it is on the plains!
This is worse than last years 1:3000 year heatwave because the T isn't dropping in the night!
36 at the moment, after dropping to a low of 33.9 overnight!

About 32 in the house here at the moment, and that's downstairs. Usually we only run the air con in the upstairs bedroom during the night to sleep if at all but had to break out the noisy downstairs one last night just to cool it slightly to 30 to be bearable.

It looks like there's only one more night of the horrible stuff as it's forecast to drop to 25 on Friday night.

I think no one in Australia especially in South Australia should complain about winter. Hell rain is gold and we need a hell alot of it. The poor murray :( but summer does rock it brings the 3 B's out BEER BABES and BIKINIS :D
There's no winter in Adelaide... in fact there's only two seasons:
- Hot and dry
- Cool and dampish

I don't live in the same climate as most of adelaide.
The average T is 6C less than on the plains. The rainfall is double. In fact, I live in the wettest spot in South Austalia. So ... yes I can complain about the winters if I want.

Oh and rain here wont fix the Murray. if you look at the climate change graphs on the BOM site, our rainfall has changed very litttle over teh last 3 decades, but it has changed dramatically in the eastern states where the murray starts and where most of the water gets slurped away.

So it was 34 on the way into work today according to the car!

The IGA just a block from my house burnt down last night firetrucks everywhere.

ended up reefing the mattress off the bed and sleeping under the aircon. whole of elthams power is out since 6pm last night which is a bit to close for my liking. 4 more days to go too eh.

whole of elthams power is out since 6pm last night which is a bit to close for my liking. 4 more days to go too eh.

your lucky, power was out at our place last night from 8pm till 6.30 am. hottest night on record (or so i was told).

fingers crossed, it doesnt happen tonight. i had to drink all the cold beer in the fridge to stop it from spoiling ;)

So does this thread keep continuing as it will be this hot again today :p

KHB

No chance. :(

Warren -

2Skeleton_at_computer.gif

39.2 at 930 out here in Edinburgh so i reckon we should go close to 45 again.

Bostons Ginger Pilsners went down a treat last night!

I was a tad quick at laughing at all you plains dwellers, didnt drop below 30 at my place last night.......

Check out the overnight temps...
http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,6462085,00.jpg

Honestly this is just getting rude. I had to put down a longy of my hard (extra hard!) Lemonade this morning knowing I would be desperate for a cheeky cold one when I get in the door tonight.

Everyone is a bit loopy, even with aircon you can't sleep properly. When you step outisde it's like a kick in the teeth. People's body language is fascinating - shuffling and struggling and lots of sighing.

Might even have to pop into a pub at lunch and punch a coldy back to last the afternoon out.

Back