45 Degress In Adelaide - Time To Consume Some Icey Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez - I thought it was just us Poms that whinged! Stop yer bloody whinging yer bloody Aussies! Its summer! :p

Its classic, Caleb. 3 fellows watching one poor b@$tard dig a hole. Couple of guys leaning on shovels while one plants shrubs on a roundabout. Same ol' same ol'.

Except in Japan, where all six guys would be working their butts off at a frantic pace, and there'd be an extra guy in full dress uniform with tie, hat and white gloves to bow politely to any passer's by...

Geez - I thought it was just us Poms that whinged! Stop yer bloody whinging yer bloody Aussies! Its summer! :p

Yeah, I agree. Perth has had it's fair share of hot weather in the last month but you didn't see us starting an 8 page thread on it, did ya?! :D

Yeah, I agree. Perth has had it's fair share of hot weather in the last month but you didn't see us starting an 8 page thread on it, did ya?! :D

Gosh what part of Perth are you in... It's being mild as! we have not even hit 40... Wait for Feburary!

Almost chilly here in Newcastle, a mild 34 deg C.

Damm its hot

:beer:

Come on you blokes
sad-smiley-019.gif
violin-011.gif

Toughen up a little & stop the crying. It's not as though it's going to be permanent.
The sand on the beach is hot, I'm walking in seagull shit, just got touched up by a bluey (Bluebottle), & the surf is too small up here ATM but you don't hear me complaining. :lol:

Just drink lots of water in between beers. :p

TP

Gosh what part of Perth are you in... It's being mild as! we have not even hit 40... Wait for Feburary!

It was 40 on the 15th and 42 on the 16th ;)

From the 1st to the 11th the temp got below 35 only 3 times (32.2, 34.6, 34.3)

But your right about Feb, my AC will working like a........

taken from The Week That Was [[email protected]]

Last year atmospheric scientist Dr Warwick Grace described Adelaide's heatwavewhich saw 35C-plus temperatures for 15 days in a row from March 3-17as a one-in-3,000-year event. Phew, we all thought, wouldn't want to go through that dreadful compressed vintage again in our lifetime. But hang on, Adelaide's already had five consecutive 35-degree-plus days this week and the forecast is for the heatwave to extend to at least Thursday, making it an 11-day heatwave and countingjust four days behind last year's fortnight from hell. So guess what? Get the cameras out and take a photo of that heat haze because we could all be about to experience an estimated one-in-six-zillion-year eventback-to-back one-in-3,000-year heatwaves! Mr Grace, what are the odds of that happening, please? Will give you something to do over the weekend.

ADELAIDE'S BACK-TO-BACK ONE-IN-3,000-YEAR HEATWAVES

Dr Grace, that's not a heatwavethis is a heatwave!

2008 - - - - - - - - - 2009
35.4 (March 3) 36.6 (January 26)
35.7 (March 4) 43.2 (January 27)
37.9 (March 5) 45.7 (January 28)
38.5 (March 6) 43.4 (January 29)
39.0 (March 7) 41.8 (Today, January 30 - 12.25pm)
39.8 (March 8) 40.0 (January 31 forecast)
40.2 (March 9) 40.0 (February 1 forecast)
40.0 (March 10) 39.0 (February 2 forecast)
38.4 (March 11) 38.0 (February 3 forecast)
39.2 (March 12) 38.0 (February 4 forecast)
39.7 (March 13) 40.0 (February 5 forecast)
38.6 (March 14) ?
38.3 (March 15) ?
39.9 (March 16) ?
40.5 (March 17) ?

Come on you blokes
sad-smiley-019.gif
violin-011.gif

Toughen up a little & stop the crying. It's not as though it's going to be permanent.
The sand on the beach is hot, I'm walking in seagull shit, just got touched up by a bluey (Bluebottle), & the surf is too small up here ATM but you don't hear me complaining. :lol:

Just drink lots of water in between beers. :p

TP

hey you sound like the guy I saw at dan murphy's buying the carton of mid west cans! :huh: :lol:

Almost chilly here in Newcastle, a mild 34 deg C.

Our nighttime lows this week!
Oh well it's Friday afternoon, there's beer in the fridge and no work on the weekend!!! :icon_drunk:
Can stay hot for another couple of days..... but would be nice if it cools down after dark :rolleyes:

Nige

Any hotter here and I'll consider saving energy by doing a protein rest; just leave some wet grains out in the sun. I reckon that could get to 50*C. :p

Where's that beer nerd thread - need to add: if you measure the daily temperature via percentage of mash temperature schedule.

When is someone going to crank out the 'I survived the 2009 heatwave' like they did last year?? :rolleyes:

When is someone going to crank out the 'I survived the 2009 heatwave' like they did last year?? :rolleyes:
That could go on the back of the bulk-buy shirts!

A picture of someone drinking their beer and;

"I survived the 2009 heatwave and all I got was this lousy liver damage."

While we're at it;

"I survived the AHB Polo-Shirt Bulk Buy and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt..." :blink:

Fu^k its hot!! just finished brewing 20lts of IPA for the tanunda show.

And to top it off, both my beer fridges are strugling in the heat. Both are indicating 13 degrees!! I poured myself a beer and had to put ice in it!

Oh the humanity!! please somebody think of the yeasties!!!

Leary

Any hotter here and I'll consider saving energy by doing a protein rest; just leave some wet grains out in the sun. I reckon that could get to 50*C. :p

dont worry about the mashing, I reckon its hot enough to roast your own grain :lol:

I've actually whacked my beer fridge thermostat up....so I can drink cold beer. Shock, horror, my Gran'da would turn in his grave. (Muckey...go out the back and check the ashes for me.) AAA at 4C, instead of my usual 9C....but damn, it's good.....

Latest posts

Back