45 Degress In Adelaide - Time To Consume Some Icey Beer Tonight!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Interloper

Reaction score
Anyone else working in the city today? 45 degrees in Adelaide and man does it feel like it. It absolutely stings out in the sun.

Not looking forward to my bus ride home. Lucky I put a heap of pilsners on ice before leaving for work this morning.

Now I'm only wishing I put more in there, I will be inhaling one in about 2 seconds once I get in the door.
:p

That is a shocker... Lucky you don't have to touch a steering wheel.....

For me anything above 25C is hot. 45C.....isn't that enough to melt lead?

Definitely sticky sack weather. As in if you're a guy, don't you just hate it when your sack sticks to your leg? ;) :p

Anyone else working in the city today? 45 degrees in Adelaide and man does it feel like it. It absolutely stings out in the sun.

Not looking forward to my bus ride home. Lucky I put a heap of pilsners on ice before leaving for work this morning.

Now I'm only wishing I put more in there, I will be inhaling one in about 2 seconds once I get in the door.

I feel your pain.

Its 43 at home today with 42, 42, 43 and 37 to follow

Rook

Only 42 (only?) in melbourne, but I know what you mean. I've got a keg of Helles at home, great beer on a hot day. Only problem is I'm supposed to be keeping it for my housewarming...

Yeah, it is about that down in glenelg...just drove home and mate...it's like a punch in the face this hot weather....

I just wish I could drink a beer - only got until sunday till I can start drinking again.

NG, thats 113F. :( Nasty, nasty weather. And the worst thing about it in adelaide, imo, is that it's such a dry heat. Just checked the temp in the shade on my back porch....45.3C. I'd kill for one of Bostons Ginger Pilsners right now...but will have to make do with Amber Ale.

edit: Philip - its admirable that you're having a dry month. But I think the current heatwave counts as 'extraordinary circumstances'....I'm sure noone would hold it against you if you decided to have a beer. :D

NG, thats 113F. :( Nasty, nasty weather. And the worst thing about it in adelaide, imo, is that it's such a dry heat. Just checked the temp in the shade on my back porch....45.3C. I'd kill for one of Bostons Ginger Pilsners right now...but will have to make do with Amber Ale.

Don't know how to break this to you, but Canada is metric. No need to translate to Fehrenheit for me. I'm actually kind of weird - I'm metric when it comes to the weather but when I brew I use F. Every brewing book I bought when I first started out was written by an American so I just got used to F when brewing.

5 minutes until I have to trek out to get kids from school, start car now and let aircon get started.
Will be hitting the fridge when I get back. Has been a long dry day so far but will make up for it in half an hour!

Nige

I love working in this heat. The aircon is cranking in the factory and in the office. The only thing im waiting for when i get home is my summer ale on tap. I reckon about 6 pints in a hour will do hahahaha

yep 44 here in watsie too. lucky we have aircon at work plus i have jack and coke cans here and one of those superb german pilsners to knock off on the way home.

Im with Fents
at home not work and a couple of kegs in the fridge with it set down low.
What happened to 38 and out the gate ???

Current air temp outside the shop - 47 degrees C.
Current concrete temp outside shop - 74.9 degrees C

Thank god for aircon. :wub: (and shoes ;) )

Current air temp outside the shop - 47 degrees C.
Current concrete temp outside shop - 74.9 degrees C

Thank god for aircon. :wub: (and shoes ;) )

Yeah she's brutal out there.... You can smell liquid bitumen in the city - it has reverted from a solid state in the heat. Even with aircon everyone looks like they have been kicked hard... Shuffling and sweating and hurrying to get back indoors.

Just hope there's no black outs in my area because I am going to get home and hammer that aircon soooo hard!

It was stilll 38 degrees at 9pm last night.

Latest posts

Back