2015 Hop Plantations, Show Us Your Hop Garden!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should get a decent yield of this bine! ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1422925733.674684.jpg

2nd year Cascade going gangbusters, gonna have to give it more height next year. And this is despite a distinct lack of attention this year...last year I was out there every day watering, feeding regularly, singing it lullabies, you name it. This year I occasionally glanced at it while walking past. These things just love to grow.

IMG_20150203_181724.jpg

Harvested 400g wet so far from these two first year plants (Chinook and cascade) andli reckon i have about double that left to go. Went out today and some of the cones seemed to have gone from starting to Brown slightly around the edges to almost all Brown over night. Will have to keep an eye on the it and find more space for drying

IMAG0730.jpg

When is the right time to pick flowers? How dry do you let them get on the plant?

IsonAd said:
Harvested 400g wet so far from these two first year plants (Chinook and cascade) andli reckon i have about double that left to go. Went out today and some of the cones seemed to have gone from starting to Brown slightly around the edges to almost all Brown over night. Will have to keep an eye on the it and find more space for drying
Wow, not too shabby for first years!!!!

A few shots of the recent developments from the past few days... Cones are fattening up fast!

Victoria on the right, cluster on the left in the full length photo.
Cluster had some insect damage early on and I had to tear the whole thing up but she's come back to life just fine!!

1423034968931.jpg

1423034984895.jpg

1423035055568.jpg

1423035095502.jpg

Curly79 said:
When is the right time to pick flowers? How dry do you let them get on the plant?
Let this guide you curly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlsT-x19III

my cascade is cruising along nicely. its a beast!!! if im lucky ill still be able to see my house afterwards ha ha.
should be ready for harvest soonimage.jpg

carniebrew said:
Let this guide you curly:

Thanks carnie. Very helpful. Cheers mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Bronson! I've got the sweats I'm that jealous!

Cascade is one of my favourite hops. So glad it grows easily right here our backyards.

Bronson those are looking great!! Wonderful job. Are the bines climbing up a straight rope? How many have you got there?

thanks guys,
yep , on the right i have 3 s/s cables running straight up. it started sending runners out the side so i just trained it to where i wanted it.
On the left i ran just garden twine to the rio frame then up to the facia.
this is its second year.
also i left the rihzome in the ground whilst dormant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back