2013 W.A. Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I might be pulling out of the actual swap but can still attend the social component. Will know if I don't get time this weekend to brew. Things always seem to get hectic around this time of year. But given the absolute shite I dished up last year your taste buds might be greatful.

I'm keen!!!
Life has been too crazy busy for the internets over the last few months to know about this earlier. But I have a wheat beer I'm about to keg and I have just put another in the fermenter, I should hopefully be smashing out my Christmas brew this weekend as well.

I should have something half descent by the 14th... hopefully. :unsure:

Neanderthal said:
1. dent- Emu Export clone
2. jyo- ESB or American Amber
3. nev- Hammer and Tongs raddler
4. keifer33
5. krausenhaus- hop juice of some sort (please)
6. Mitch76
7. Mikey
8. Spoonta
9. stormahead
10 Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale
11. danestead - amber ale
12. gillie - beer ? (Cascade/Vienna smash)
13. Rad (Anthony)
14. Bambisbrewingbeer (Wheat)

On a side note and sorry to hi jack. (Not affiliated in anyway, just thought some might be interested as its the season to get hoppy)

As a few you are all are from WA I thought out might be interested
Just in case not everyone on here has seen it.

Colin the new owner of Hops West is bringing up a trailer load of hops to the Grain Cru brew day at Celebrations oin Sunday the 17th November.

i have just taken over HOPSWEST and i have 15 varieties in the ground i also have limited supply of hop plants in pots that have them in different sizes for sale they are the varieties that are available CASCADE,RED EARTH ,TETTNANGER ,HERSBRUCKER, GOLDINGS,FUGGLES,CHALLANGER COLUMBUS WILLAMIT SUPER ALPHA SAAZ and a new variety specially for the lower latitude FLINDERS which is a high alpha hop.We will be coming to Perth within the next two week so for any orders contact us for further information we are out to cater for the west australian home brewer who finding it hard to get a variety of rhizomes for any inquires contact us on 98464337
Cheers Colin and Britt

:icon_offtopic: Yes , I have seen this mentioned through my contacts, maybe he can leave some with me and I can help him move some ?
I also intend to be in the car park on the 17th. :beer:
Nev

Give him a call. ,
He was just going to go to mellvile markets until someone mentioned on wa brew crew about the brew day on the same day so might be keen.

Anyway back on topic.

Bottling the Irish red ales for the case swap tomorrow.

If its half as good as the last batch its tasty.

Neanderthal said:
Anyway back on topic.
Bottling the Irish red ales for the case swap tomorrow.
If its half as good as the last batch its tasty.
looking forward to trying it!

ive got the "better red than dead" in the fermenter about 7 days off kegging (not for the case swap though). Its tasting pretty nice this far :)

And I am out of the swap. Sorry Guys and Girls just wont have time to brew in time now.

1. dent- Emu Export clone
4. keifer33
5. krausenhaus- hop juice of some sort (please)
6. Mitch76
7. Mikey
8. Spoonta
9. stormahead
10 Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale
11. danestead - amber ale
12. gillie - beer ? (Cascade/Vienna smash)
13. Rad (Anthony)
14. Bambisbrewingbeer (Wheat)

keifer33 said:
And I am out of the swap. Sorry Guys and Girls just wont have time to brew in time now.
Not showing up for drinking either?

Gryphon Brewing said:
Oh well. 13 is unlucky they say, I may have to pull out too.
Nev
Do I have to come around and hold your hand to brew something? :unsure:

dent said:
Do I have to come around and hold your hand to brew something? :unsure:
Maybe he just misses you? Oh well you'll just have to sell up and move back to Bassendean.......

Okay so what are we all brewing? Only just realised the date and we'll have to do a midweek brew to knock ours out. Don't know that we'll get time to do another one for a keg beer, but might have something left to bring.

I know some people have listed theirs but feel free to update if they've changed.

1. dent- XXXX clone (good one jyo)
4. krausenhaus- APA
5. Mitch76
6. Mikey
7. Spoonta
8. stormahead
9 Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale
10. danestead - amber ale
11. gillie - Cascade/Vienna smash?
12. Rad (Anthony)
13. Bambisbrewingbeer - Wheat

Also, what about food?

I'll be bottling an ESB with a slightly high finishing gravity during the week. Tastes pretty good so far.

I could bring a potato salad (and actually put it on the table)

Nev, you should make that chilli tofu (I think that's what is was) again. That was awesome!

Also a reminder for all swappers to bring an extra bottle for the host :)

2. jyo- ESB
4. krausenhaus- APA
5. Mitch76
6. Mikey
7. Spoonta
8. stormahead
12. Rad (Anthony)

2. jyo- ESB

4. krausenhaus- APA

5. Mitch76

6. Mikey

7. Spoonta

8. stormahead

12. Rad (Anthony)

14 - smurray - Porter
I believe I've convinced Nev to spare us some bottles out of the 100L of Vienna he has lying around.. tight *******.

As for food I was thinking of simple BBQ fare with some crackers/cheese etc plus whatever people want to bring.

I am going to pull out too, I have had a look at my run up to Christmas and I only have one weekend free.
It s crazy time of the year for me. Have fun, maybe next year will be better.
Nev

Latest posts

Back