2013 W.A. Xmas Case Swap

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys I am also out. Something unexpected has come up that I cant really miss. Ill still be sending along a carton for the swap though.

Sorry for my lack of involvement in the swap this year, it's been a while since I've been active on here. Didn't realise I wasn't signed in as I was looking around so of course didn't know there was a pm about this thread. Unfortunately I won't have anything worth swapping and I need to do some repairs to my mill (i think a small rock got into the mill and it seized up) and my rig (HERMS pot is leaking and tripping the RCD) before I can brew again.

Faarkin hell, dropping like flies!

Hate to say it, but the chances of brewing during this week while trying to smash out my final-year uni thesis are starting to look slim to none. Sorry guys.

Would anyone be interested in pushing it to early next year in the hope that with more notice and less busy times we can get a decent number happening? I feel like it might be in for more drop-outs to come as a few people on the list have been inactive since posting their names. I know it's a pretty shitty option for those that have already brewed though, as dent would have to drink 19L of XXXX, so understand if you lot still want to go ahead. We would probably still be able to turn up for beers in any event, just no swapping.

I don't think moving the date will make a lot of difference. Perhaps we should simply change the nature of the event - beer distribution optional, and drink what comes on the day? (ie more drinkin than swappin).

That sucks. Still, drinking, BBQ, sun, good laughs and mankinis are rad. I will still be swapping.

dent said:
I don't think moving the date will make a lot of difference. Perhaps we should simply change the nature of the event - beer distribution optional, and drink what comes on the day? (ie more drinkin than swappin).
I'm happy with this suggestion if others are as well, I would rather keg than bottle my beer, I should be able to arrange 2 kegs.

So long as there is some "flavour country" for jyo, I'm sure he'll be happy.

Give it a rest Nev, we all know you have nothing better to do until you head off overseas again.

I was planning to bottle mine tomorrow night but I'll wait to see the number of people still swapping before I do. I bloody hate bottling.

And, yes, a pint of Flavour Country at the door will help sort out the amateurs, for sure! :icon_drool2: :party:

Im still hoping to make it. If I cant I should be able to provide beers for the swap.
There is a possibility I will be working away the week before and the 14th so im still playing it by ear.

Where is it going to be at. Havent logged in for a while.
Gonna bring danes beers and either a pilsner or a brown which ever tastes worst umm i mean better

I think swapping is preferable if possible. All others welcome to come around to drink etc of course. Now seems a good time to work out how many brewers are participating in that.

1. dent- XXXX clone - yes
  2. jyo- ESB - yes
  3. krausenhaus - no
  4. keifer33 - no
  5. Mitch76 ???
  6. Mikey ???
  7. Spoonta ???
  8. stormahead ???
  9. Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale - yes
  10. gillie - Cascade/Vienna smash - yes
  11. Rad (Anthony) - ???
  12. Bambisbrewingbeer - Wheat - yes
  13. smurray - Porter - yes
  14. Bizier - drinking?
So somewhere between 6 and 11 right now.

I have an oz pale ale that I can bottle want be ready to drink till crise thouge

Yeah I'm still in what time does it start I'm going to bring a couple of bottles of each brew I have in the fridge. Might need to PM me the address.

I'm still in boys and girls.

I have 2 beers that I can bring along 1 for the swap and 1 in keg for the day.

I have an ESB and a German Pilsner, Dent what is your preference for kegged beer for the day?

dent- XXXX clone - yes
jyo- ESB - yes
krausenhaus - no
keifer33 - no
Mitch76 ESB or Pilsner - yes
Mikey ???
Spoonta ???
stormahead ???
Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale - yes
gillie - Cascade/Vienna smash - yes
Rad (Anthony) - ???
Bambisbrewingbeer - Wheat - yes
smurray - Porter - yes
Bizier - drinking?

Hoping more will be confirmed as coming

Clinton

Great.

FWIW I think pils survives better in a keg, ESB better in a bottle.

I'm thinking 12pm start. I'll PM everyone the address later on.

Im available and been given a pass from the missus so I'm in.

dent- XXXX clone - yes
jyo- ESB - yes
krausenhaus - no
keifer33 - no
Mitch76 ESB or Pilsner - yes
Mikey ???
Spoonta ???
stormahead ???
Neanderthal - Irish Red Ale - yes
gillie - Cascade/Vienna smash - yes
Rad (Anthony) - ???
Bambisbrewingbeer - Wheat - yes