Your Not A Real Brewer Unless You Gotta

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murray,

You mean that there have been others with the same opinion?

Yorkee,

62.4% of brewers here do a full mash. check out the 'all grain or extract thread'.

vl.

Yorkee......

you did start out with a fairly agressive stand.

QUOTE:

Why do we need to go for the full mash!! When we can brew a very nice Coopers lager from a kit?

To answer this question with a question...... how many AG lagers have you made.

to compare a coopers lager kit with an AG lager mashed with Pils malt and a bittered with fresh hops. I just did a post on grumpys explaning isohop eztract. ITs like comparing a fresh vanilla bean with a teaspoon of vanilla essence.

and some of us just like to make the effort to make something better than can be bought from the shops. all for 23c / schooner :)

everyone is welcome on here mate. It gets splashed around a bit that if your not an AG brewer you will get told to f*#k off on here but thats not the truth. we all start out as kit brewers. If AG brewing wasnt worth doing, do you think we would spend 6+ hrs in the shed/garage/kitchen/brewery slaving over hot liquid!!!

the toys we build to make the job a bit easier are just a bonus :)

chill and cheers dude.

and id rather a coopers lager over a VB any day :)

This may be the wrong thread, but I would say it is easier to make a good tasting lager AG than from a kit :ph34r:

Oh it is true as true as you are sitting on the pc :D THanks for the welcome, Promise I wont gate crash too much but posting for a stir :eek: serves tony right for leaving the site open :lol: Yes I am the boss :p
We knew it was you - the spelling improved...

Thanks Tony, Batz, Baby etc,

Wasn't meaning to be aggressive. I haven't had the pleasure of ever tasting a mash and it will probably be the way I go in the future. I suppose I was just asking if it is really worth all that extra time and effort - obviously it must be.

Batz - you flatter me mate, but I don't belive that my apprentice like efforts could get any where near your brews. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers or wings :)

.....spend more time in the brewery than on the pc.....that's the problem :party:

Batz
[/quote]

That has been the case for weeks now, I have to get 'a real job' and spend less time in the brewery, and less time on this site. :( .

Your not a brewer unless your wife can get on the pc and have a winge! :D Bloody starters keeping me up at night!
Tony's wife here :p

Tell me this is a very bad joke
please don't tell me this is true

Whats worse than your wife reading AHB posts over your shoulder?

Your wife posting when you are not around.

welcome MRS TONY, we know you are the boss anyway.
To further this "jungle of quotes", I have my own comment to make.

Having over a thousand posts now, and feeling superior after drinking out of my new Erdinger World Cup Weissbier glass, I feel the need to declare Tony guilty of a "beer crime"...that being the crime of remaining logged on to this site and allowing the security of his logon to be breached by the missus or SWMBO.

Tony must now scull 2 pints of his worst beer to atone for this beer crime. This may not be a problem if his worst beer is still a cracker.

Seth out

OK, Now I know that I may have had the wrong thread as I have just read the AG v Kit stuff threads.

I didn't realise the can of worms that I was opening when I asked the simple question as to if an AG was worth the trouble of the extra work and time when compared to a kit (Coopers Lager it was) Maybe it would be better if we had a separate forum for the AG and the rest and never the twain? My suggestion that brewing beer was like fixing the car wasn't a difficult analogy - or was it?

Maybe we kit men could pour sh*t on the brewers of ginger ale :p It looks to me that there are egos you can't jump over here.

Nice to see that some have the voice of reason and that in the end we are all drinking beer. My first post said that it was nice that the experts were willing to share their knowledge. Didn't know that we needed a referee.

The only people that have a problem are the people making the problem. :) This forum is a great resource for improving your techniques, whatever level you choose. Any 'battle' is purely in the mind of the guy trying to fight it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back