• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

WTB glass culture tubes (melb) ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philistine

Reaction score
Hey all,
Ive been looking around for screw-cap glass culture tubes (autoclavable) for slants and it seems the only way to get them is from places like labdirect.com.
The problem is they generally only come in boxes of 100-200 which is wayyyyyyyy more than i need.
Anyone in the same boat by any chance? Wanna go halves or quarters in a case?
Anyone maybe already bought a case and discovered they only need a fraction of it?

Im in melb and im looking at these:

http://www.labdirect.com.au/culture-test-tubes-with-screw-caps-16x100mm-pack-of-100/

Open to other possibilities.

Admin: not sure if this post should be in the bulk buys section, but ive never gotten involved with any bulk buys and im a bit confused by the whole process tbh [emoji41]

We got loads, not glass though but are autoclave safe etc..

I feel a bulk buy coming on (not me)

MartinOC said:
http://www.fusionscientific.com.au/product01.html

CT50S tubes are the ones you want (NB. lids apparently not autoclavable, but I've never had a problem doing so).
do you remember if they had racks? IIRC they were Styrofoam jobbies?

just been having a look lately as I need to get some form of order to my tub and have found THESE

If you do go ahead with an order philistine, count me in

Ed: I get a bounce back from the email on their site :blink:

No racks from Fusion Scientific. Those ones you linked-to look kinda exy!

I also got a bounce on the email address, so maybe they've folded?

Back to Proscitech I guess.

BTW, I don't intend ordering anything just now (or organising a BB).

they are $21 at Mitcham science supply.. so not that bad in the scheme of things.. of course, I do need lots of them... ;)

You also have

In Vitro Technologies, Pathtech, Pacific Laboratory Products and possibly Westlab.

They should all do centrifuge tubes. And all should do racks as well for you Yob.

Those CT50S tubes you linked MartinOC look exactly the same as the ones i already have : ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1454912768.061822.jpg

I didnt think they'd be suitable.... Sounds like they are?

Im still kinda keen to get some glass ones, but it sounds like its not really worth the money...

Folks have been using the same ones I got for a BB a couple of years ago with no reported problems, so glass seems an unnecessary expense.

philistine said:
Those CT50S tubes you linked MartinOC look exactly the same as the ones i already have :

I didnt think they'd be suitable.... Sounds like they are?

Im still kinda keen to get some glass ones, but it sounds like its not really worth the money...
try dropping the 2 side by side :lol:

Latest posts

Back