Tubes, Vials And Dishes (yeast Farming Supplys) Mini-bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Wolfy. This will send me down the next path of homebrewing, culturing yeasts lmao

Looking forward to it, I've started yeast washing and I *know* i'm going to have to start slanting... I can't keep storing 200ml jars for ever ;)

I'll take the last 100 30ml vials & 5 petri dishes if it's not to late. Cheers

Sorted for your benefit Wolfy :)

1. Wolfy
30ml vials: 200
1.5ml microfuge: 200-1000
Petri dish: 6

2. MeLoveBeer - Vic
1.5ml microfuge: 0
Petri dish: 0

3. RussTaylor - Adelaide

4. Ratchie - Qld
30ml vials:100

5. Andyd - Vic
30ml vials:0
1.5ml microfuge: 200

6. Pennywise
30ml vials: 100

7. Manticle - Melb
30 mL: 100
Microfuge: 0
Petri Dish: 5

8. Mintsauce - Kalgoorlie, WA
Petri Dish: 5

9. Wakkatoo - Creswick (vic)
30 mL: 0
Microfuge: 100
Petri Dish: 0

(if you get the numbers)
10. Stux - Sydney, NSW

11. Pistol - Sydney

12. Golani51 (Reuven Segal) - Melbourne

13. Maple - Melb

14. Leigh - Melb

15. Murdoch - Qld

16. Bizier - WA

17. Jackson - Brisbane

18. Akroplane - Werribee

Thats 1900 30ml vials.

19. Hans - Melb
Petri dish: 5

Any news Wolfy?
Complete order was placed 7 days ago, was told it should be in stock in "3-5 more days away", so I sent an email 30mins ago to ask where it was (no reply yet). :)

When at the post office last week, I was not sure if 100x 30ml vials would fit in the small post-bags, so rather than send payment/details to everyone and then have to change things later, I thought it best to get the items, check how they can be posted, and then confirm everything.

Apologies for the delay in responding.

We are expecting one carton in today from our supplier and the remaining will not be due until mid-late next week...
I replied to suggest that "3-5 more days" means the items should have been ready for pickup early/mid this week, not late next week.
Seems emails like that get 'delayed' once you have paid.

Understand totally mate... its a pet hate of mine the way that suppliers give one eta before placing an order then take their sweet a$$ time once the money is in the bank.

After sending a few more emails, I was able to pickup 1000x 30ml vials, the microtubes and the petri dishes today.
Hopefully they'll send the remaining 30ml vials out to me once they arrive.
vials.jpg

A box of 1000x 30ml vials is a little bigger than I expected.
The bag contains 100x 30ml vials, so there is no possible way that it will fit in a 500g post-pack, but it does look about the size of the 3kg satchels.

I'll send everyone a PM shortly with cost/payment details.
If you live in Melb, send me a PM if you want to come and pick your things up, and/or if you are a Melbourne Brewers member (or know someone who is) I might be able to bring them to the meeting this month.

I'll drop round with your money and pick them up mate, just the other side of Clyde Rd from you now ;)

Can also do the Melbourne Brewers drop if you can't make it.

I'll drop round with your money and pick them up mate, just the other side of Clyde Rd from you now ;)

Can also do the Melbourne Brewers drop if you can't make it.
That works well, I assume you remember the address?

If all went well (and I got the maths right) each person's order details and associated costs should outlined be in this spreadsheet.
Please check the spreadsheet and let me know if there are any problems or questions.
I'll also update it when people have paid/items have been sent.

In regard to postage (and total costs):
If you live in Melbourne, postage is optional, so let me know if you will pick them up, arrange for pickup, or find some other way to get them, until I know that, postage (and total cost) is unknown.
If you live outside Melbourne: I believe (but have not yet checked) 100x 30ml vials should fit into a 3kg post-pack, hence the postage cost of $10.30.
I have yet to work out a cost-effective way to post RussTaylor's and I hope that MeLoveBeer is able to pickup (or have his delivered).

I need to check the postage costs before I send bank/payment details, so there is no confusion with having to change the costs once people have paid.
(I hope to do this today).

Larger 3kg bags are also available Wolfy, they're the size of a 5kg

Larger 3kg bags are also available Wolfy, they're the size of a 5kg
Cool, are their details on the website?
The stuff is not heavy just bulky, so if I package it myself I'm worried what the 'cubed weight' would be, the pre-paid stuff is usually much cheaper.

...and I hope that MeLoveBeer is able to pickup (or have his delivered).

Happy to wait until the next MB meeting if someone can bring them Wolfy (its next week anyway I think); will arrange payment asap though.

Cool, are their details on the website?
The stuff is not heavy just bulky, so if I package it myself I'm worried what the 'cubed weight' would be, the pre-paid stuff is usually much cheaper.

I can't seem to find anything on their website, but we get them through work. I just sent an e-mail off to them to see if you can get them from th PO or it's just a businees type thing. Will let you know

If there is anyone in caulfield or east st kilda or around and wants to post together, I am happy to pick up or drop off.
I'd rather spend the postage on fresh yeast or a new hydrometer (damn thing just broke again!!)

Reuven

Well, after a phone call to Post, the girl on the other end couln't help me :huh: But she was "pretty sure" that the post outlets will sell them. Doesn't help, I know....

Latest posts

Back