The Yeast Bay bulk buy - now with more additives

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fattox

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just changed this one over to be an Australia-wide bulk buy situation. Basically, the rules are as before - this is a preorder for a potential order expected to be made early April, with delivery within the following weeks - exact timelines have not been worked out yet, but these are fairly solid guidelines.

The details:

1. All order details are to be entered in the linked google form - https://goo.gl/forms/0R4xDi2xGcmQ7Wt12 - these link to a database I have set up to forward onto the supplier.
2. All orders are going to be fulfilled by Clever Brewing in Victoria, as they have an existing relationship with The Yeast Bay
3. All orders will be shipped with ice packs etc. as per a standard yeast order.
4. Payment to be made directly to Clever Brewing - I will be sending out a group email on order completion, and any orders not paid for by the cutoff date will be cancelled.

Pricing:

Preliminary pricing is around the $12-15 mark PER VIAL. This may change, depending on order quantities and so on, as we will be spreading freight totals over the total number of vials - i.e. more vials = less freight/vial = cheaper yeast.

Timelines:

Google form - open now, closes at 11:59pm Sunday 26 March 2017.

Payment - I will leave this timeline up to Clever Brewing, but I would imagine that it would be required prior to the order being made or prior to any dispatch.

Grouping together freight to reduce freight to yourself is perfectly fine - under address leave a care of address and we will do our best to group packages as required.

i.e. Joe Blow
C/- Fucks McGiven
420 Mull Road
Drongo City NSW 2201

I have captured results for those of you who replied previously to the SEQ thread, and will PM for additional details.

oh **** yes.. *rubs hands together*

good work fattox and clever brewing.. this is gunna max me out on yeast.. I'll have over 250 vials frozen and 30+ strains..

Is there really such a thing as too much yeast?

I definitely don't have that amount but had about 40+ strains including a vial of the reverent bug county

Placed order using form. Nice and easy.

Happy to be part of a group shipping for Gold Coast if already organised or, if not, happy to be the hub.

Completely off topic (or on topic) but log out and then look at this thread.

I wasn't sure whether the thread was about yeast or meeting Russian women online.(seriously ads in the middle of comments)

Logged in now - and its all yeast no Russian women.

WildaYeast said:
Placed order using form. Nice and easy.

Happy to be part of a group shipping for Gold Coast if already organised or, if not, happy to be the hub.
Glad it was easy to sort out! I was iffy as to how user friendly it'd be but glad it wasn't just me who was happy with it

Can't ya tell it's a Friday night on AHB...... :D

Update/input from CB:

We're in the process of establishing an A/C with YB, but I can't see there being any problem, except if we order more than they currently have in stock (it occasionally happens with WLP stuff too), so there's no ABSOLUTE guarantee that we'll get delivered what we order.

It's a royal PITA, but we're all going to have to live with it. First-in, best-dressed is the only way I can give it to you.

Cheers,

Martin

fattox said:
Glad it was easy to sort out! I was iffy as to how user friendly it'd be but glad it wasn't just me who was happy with it
Yep, really well done. I may tap you for ideas on doing this for a buy I want to do.

I think I filled the form in correctly last night (after having had a few ...) but wanted to check what I ordered. I thought I saw somewhere it would send an email copy but I didn't get anything. Anyway to check ? Cheers

durham70 said:
I think I filled the form in correctly last night (after having had a few ...) but wanted to check what I ordered. I thought I saw somewhere it would send an email copy but I didn't get anything. Anyway to check ? Cheers
I will pm you shortly with your order but it should have sent an email through, so I'll confirm it

Mardoo said:
Yep, really well done. I may tap you for ideas on doing this for a buy I want to do.
Feel free to give me a pm or a message mate. Google forms is super easy to use and you can directly link it out to a google spreadsheet which tables all answers!

fattox said:
I will pm you shortly with your order but it should have sent an email through, so I'll confirm it
Thanks fattox that would be great

Hey east side Melbourne folks, I'm going to pick my Yeast Bay order from Clever Brewing and I'm happy to pick up yours too. I just put mine down as pick up, and if you do too and let me know, and let Clever Brewing know, I'll grab yours too. I'm in Ferntree Gully.

And don't worry, they will be cared for immaculately.

Okay dokay,

If we get minimum of 5 brewers that are based in BNE or are prepared to drive to pick up, I'm more than happy to be a receiver for a stash of yeasts. I have a keg fridge, regular fridge and a freezer to store upon receipt.

That way we amortise the cost 5 or more ways.

Pick up at Ferny Grove or possible delivery if on one of my usual drive routes.

If anyone else around Forster / Taree / mid north coast is in for this let me know and i'm happy to receive and share postage costs

Latest posts

Back