Tubes, Vials And Dishes (yeast Farming Supplys) Mini-bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks wolfy,

If you want to let me know what size bag I'll need, I can send a self addressed one to you with your payment if you like.

Thanks wolfy,

If you want to let me know what size bag I'll need, I can send a self addressed one to you with your payment if you like.

Same here Wolfy. Thanks for your efforts.

Reuven

Wolfy, I'm happy for you just to put them in a beer or wine box and ship it standard post.

Thanks Wolfy,

Just let me know when you've worked out how much and where to pay, and I shall :)

Just let me know when you've worked out how much and where to pay, and I shall :)

I'm in the process of sending everyone payment info via PM (at the rate of 1 every minute) but if I've missed someone, please let me know.

Before you pay it's also good to know they work, so here's are some in action:
vialsandplates.jpg

(Everything was sterilized in my pressure cooker for 20mins and for making slants 10ml of agar/wort works well in the 30ml vials)

I heard that agar was very expensive in small amounts.Where can it be purchased and is it possible to do it at a more reasonable price?

R

I get my agar-agar in the 25g packs as shown in this thread.
It cots $1.60 from the Asian grocery store in Springvale Rd, Springvale (right next to the bus stop when traveling south), but I presume that you can buy it at any similar Asian-grocery/supermarket place.
25g is enough for about 1.5L wort, which works out to be 150 slants, so it's not expensive at all when you buy it like that.

If anyone was curious about the 'postage codes' on the spreadsheet:
"No" means the items will be picked up from here
"MB" means they'll be at the Melbourne Brewers meeting
"PP" means they have indicated they'll send me a pre-paid satchel
and "Yes" means that the items need to be sent and hence postage costs included.

I've updated the details for everyone who has replied to the PM sent last night.

Since we are doing this bulk buy, is there any chance that there will at some point soon be a yeast swap? Either mailed one -to- another, or just hook up somewhere are mass produce a bunch?

I would much rather pay $15 for 7 or 8 strains than $100. It shouldn't take too long to do should it?

Alternatively, if someone is based within a reasonable distance from Caulfield, would you be interested in getting together to do something similar?

How are these usually done?
Thanks,

R

I should have said asian grocer rather than specifically chinatown although asian grocers exist in chinatown.

Pick one, any one.

Maybe I'll go visit my old mate Mr XXXX, who used to supply me with fire crackers. If he has 4 types of crackers, he should surely have this stuff.

The supplier just telephoned me to indicate the other 1000 vials are in stock, so they should ship them out to me shortly.
I hope/expect to have them before the MB meeting on Wed next week, and I'll also be mailing stuff to the people who have paid for them next week too (am off to the Post Office today to buy the post-packs).

Since we are doing this bulk buy, is there any chance that there will at some point soon be a yeast swap? Either mailed one -to- another, or just hook up somewhere are mass produce a bunch?

I would much rather pay $15 for 7 or 8 strains than $100. It shouldn't take too long to do should it?

Alternatively, if someone is based within a reasonable distance from Caulfield, would you be interested in getting together to do something similar?

How are these usually done?
At the case-swap meet, there is sometimes an exchanges of yeast/hops/other stuff: http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showarticle=166

There is also a Yeast Slant Register here (but I'm not sure it gets used to much): http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...;showarticle=59

BABB have a Yeast Bank (where they supply slants to their members): http://www.babbrewers.com/yeastbank

Other than that (and I speak only for myself here) it's usually just a personal arrangement.
Most people keep yeast strains for their own use/benefit - rather than for selling to others - so while I'm more than happy to swap yeast with others for strains I do not have, given the time/effort (and other issues) it takes to keep them all means that I have little interest in selling strains and would value them a little more than you have. :)

In addition, unless you brew very regularly you might find that keeping/maintaining/swapping 7 or 8 strains right at the start is over-kill, so I'd suggest starting by swapping 1 or 2 strains you have with someone else and (by that time you'll have 4) see how things go.
PS: Golani51 you need to reply to the Private Message to let me know your delivery and payment preference for the stuff I have here for you. :)

Sending if the bags today Wolfy, bloody forgot to put money in it so I squeezed an envelope with some in there

The 2nd box of 1000x 30ml tubes arrived from the supplier today.

Which means I should have everything sorted and shipped (to those who have paid) tomorrow, combined with the delivery to MB meeting.
(If you asked to pickup your stuff from the MB - but will not be there yourself - please let me know whom I should leave it with (as Hans already has)).

The 2nd box of 1000x 30ml tubes arrived from the supplier today.

Which means I should have everything sorted and shipped (to those who have paid) tomorrow, combined with the delivery to MB meeting.
(If you asked to pickup your stuff from the MB - but will not be there yourself - please let me know whom I should leave it with (as Hans already has)).

Hi Wolfy,

PM and Payment sent

Thankyou

PM and Payment sent
All good.
I've already used more than 100 of the vials that I ordered for myself, so if someone pulls out or does not pay, I'm not going to get stressed at all. :)

Latest posts

Back