Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kumamoto_Ken said:
Mosaic Summer Ale.
Terrible photo and terrible pour, but most importantly my first ever beer out of a keg (via bronco)!

IMAG0363.jpg
How do you find the Mosaic? Tried it a few times and been very underwhelmed, but wondered if your experience was different?

Blind Dog said:
How do you find the Mosaic? Tried it a few times and been very underwhelmed, but wondered if your experience was different?
Probably a little early for me to call BD. This is my first use of it, and I was a bit tired and emotional (early I know but it's been a long week for a few reasons) at my first taste.
Anywho, first impression is I love the aroma, but I wonder if it might get a bit cloying, which is probably more my use/recipe rather than the hop itself.

Wishy-washy response sorry, but I do have a keg full, so I have plenty of further tasting to go.

I got mega-peach in fermenter. ..but it did die off very quickly.

I'd go quite hard with late/dry additions next time, personally. With a balancing C hop, probably.

I've had great success pairing mosaic with cascade. My house APA uses:
10g Mosaic 30 min
10g Cascade 30 min

15g Mosaic 10 min

12g Mosaic in cube
12g Cascade in cube

Dry hop (late in the ferment) with:
12g Mosaic
12g Cascade
12g Citra

This is on top of a fairly fat base of:
4.2kg Maris Otter
1.0kg Munich I
0.3kg Munich Wheat
0.1kg Med. Crystal

Mash at 67°C, 'cool' in cube, and ferment at 18°C with WLP001. Choice as.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417248766.327143.jpg
Kölsch late hopped with summer saaz. I lagered this too early (I think) and had to 'burp' the bottles, but it's come up a treat. Used clarity-ferm here too & it's pretty bloody clear considering I BIAB and tend not to get very clear beers.

Pratty1 said:
Hi Robv,

I have been researching White IPA and tried some recently from commercials.

Can you share your recipe for that one?
Hi Pratty
I will get the recipe to you.

Cheers

Wow, i love this thread. It's been awhile since I have logged in, but this thread always has the goods! keep up the great beers guys

Currently brewing Waggastews zombiedust clone with Mosaic. Here is another great beer,Little Fella's Pale Ale, helping me get through the brew :icon_cheers:

DSC00975 (2).jpg

Just finished up pitching a cube and it's cleanup so time to try my 7 month old ale. Probably a bit strong at 9.8% for an arvo beer but it's really nice, very raisiny/plummy and quite sweet as it finished around 1.024. Definitely could use more aging. Photo makes it look darker then it is but at least it shows off it's creamy head.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417323648.101931.jpg

Probably sounds fancier than it is, but it turned out great, nice and dry with a bit of tartness from the fancy bits. It's a split batch that I poured 1L of tea brewed with 14 tea bags of rosehip and hibiscus tea (no actual tea, just the rosehip and hibiscus - see picture below of packet) into the secondary of 9 litres of the below brew. THe remaining 11 or so litres I brewed as a normal saison - which also turned out great but could do with a bit more punch from the hops - next batch will include styrian goldings at 5 mins I reckon.

4.7kg Pilsner
350g munich
350g wheat
200g table sugar
EKG 30g at 60
EKG 40g at 5
20g EKG and 30g Motueka in the cube

WLP 566 - pitched at 22C and let it go up to about 27C

Used these tea bags that I picked up at coles. I would definitely brew this again, it's a winner for sure.
83948.jpg

Latest posts

Back