Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love that you have never had a stout before and already want more roast.

The post doesn't state that you have had heaps of stouts, anyway top work on the beer and the new tap.

Are you planning to do nitro?

Pratty1 said:
The post doesn't state that you have had heaps of stouts, anyway top work on the beer and the new tap.
Are you planning to do nitro?
Quite right, the post doesn't state that I've had plenty of stouts.
It states that this is the first American stout that I have brewed or drank.

No, I'm not planning to go Nitro.

LCPA Clone... Post No 1057 whats brewing

xlgzk7.jpg

marris otter <edit> pale ale
crystal - crystal pale
LDME
white sugar

centennial all the way through
red safale

somewhere around 9%

No pics but I'm drinking a pale mild. Just MO and flaked barley, with Irish ale yeast. Yummy maltiness with a smooth mouthfeel. Light fruitiness and a bright white head. Bit hazy but I think it's around 8 days from grain to brain so I'm ok with that. Planning the same grist but swapping the flaked barley for rolled oats ( same amount ).

Hefeweizen, simply half pils, half wheat malt, and a touch of Munich.
Kegged yesterday, Tastes amazing, bubble gum and cloves. Quite dry, but with a big enough mouthfeel. 4.5% so I can drink many many more.
Treat WB-06 right and it produces an amazing Hefe.

Don't drink too many, plenty of swell around :). My excuse is my dodgy knee haha

I'm drinking a mo cyrstal20 ale with pride of ringwood and nelson sav.
I'm very happy with the result. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418367037.480294.jpg

mje1980 said:
Don't drink too many, plenty of swell around :). My excuse is my dodgy knee haha
Bit of a mess here today, bad winds too. Might wait till things settle down late tomorrow or Sunday. There will a couple of places firing down your way though!

Forgot the picture, I guess I can show off the fridge too!

DSC_0927.JPG

Topher said:
Hefeweizen, simply half pils, half wheat malt, and a touch of Munich.
Kegged yesterday, Tastes amazing, bubble gum and cloves. Quite dry, but with a big enough mouthfeel. 4.5% so I can drink many many more.
Treat WB-06 right and it produces an amazing Hefe.
my workmate is into the hefe's can you link the recipe or detail it briefly, temps, hops too? or pm cheers m8

Mashed about 64-65. Hersbrucker but would have to look up the ibu.

Ferment was 15c for a few days, 18for a few days and 21 for a few days. 1 pack in 15 litres.

Still have a cube of the same wort with cascade and citra in it, gonna ferment with Us05.

Summer Wheat Harvest

8HD_3679.jpg

I haven't brewed a wheat beer in four years or so, but I had a couple lately that made me reconsider my usual lack of enthusiasm for the style. I just followed Jamil's recipe for this for what it's worth - I was surprised by how little bittering hops the recipe called for, but it was right - the low bittering definitely helps the drinkability in this style. The Mangrove Jack wheat yeast just got dry pitched and it did a great job.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1418378099.565585.jpg

American Pale Ale - with Amarillo, Centennial and a bit of Citra with a nice malty base. Only carbed yesterday and still a bit flat but tasting mighty fine! Nice to test our new tap mounted fridge!

Just started to sample the Xmass brews.

Kohatu APA Fancy Pants Clone Better Red than Dead
DSC_0206.JPG DSC_0208.JPG DSC_0211.JPG

Really happy with all of them especially the BRTD. Now I just need to leave some for Xmass!

Cheers Jefin

Topher said:
Mashed about 64-65. Hersbrucker but would have to look up the ibu.

Ferment was 15c for a few days, 18for a few days and 21 for a few days. 1 pack in 15 litres.

Still have a cube of the same wort with cascade and citra in it, gonna ferment with Us05.
thanks!
dent said:
Summer Wheat Harvest

8HD_3679.jpg

I haven't brewed a wheat beer in four years or so, but I had a couple lately that made me reconsider my usual lack of enthusiasm for the style. I just followed Jamil's recipe for this for what it's worth - I was surprised by how little bittering hops the recipe called for, but it was right - the low bittering definitely helps the drinkability in this style. The Mangrove Jack wheat yeast just got dry pitched and it did a great job.
whipper snipper wheat

IPA 6.8% abv

BB pale
Caravienna
Roast barley
Columbus
Centennial
Mozaic
Nelson flowers
Dry hoped with citra and centennial.
Its hop hazy but tastes like a winner

1418442424898.jpg