Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjack

Reaction score
My all D saaz ale. I woke up this morning to find my Psi on the regulator had gone down. So naturally I had to test the beer to see if Carbonation was still sufficient. 6 beers later it appears to be perfect!!

IMG_0545.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0545.jpg
    IMG_0545.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 702
Nice one JJ.

Whats happened to the old thread? It appears to be locked and Im unable to open it to checkout the sweet, sweet beer :(

Maybe it was just time for a new one?
Maybe someone posted a pic of their AABC entry ;)

Anyways...
My D Saaz/Simcoe Pale ale currently drinking very nicely. The pic doesn't quite bring it across but all three of my kegged beers currently have great clarity, which is a nice change from some of my more recent ones...
dsaaz.jpg

My german pilsner with NZ hallertau...
This will be the keg to be taken to the in-laws for christmas and I'm expecting a serious dent in it.
I am very happy with this beer...
IMG_0659.jpg

One of the two or three bottles of the weizen that formed the base of my strawberry wheat...
Definitely a better base beer than the last one I made, will be following a similar recipe and procedure for most now I think...
WB06 makes great summer weizens I think. The banana etc isn't there sure but on a hot day by the BBQ it just didn't seem to matter...
hefe.jpg

All Challenger Summer Ale. I LOVE this hop, would have to be in my top 5 favourites.

TDA, how about some tasting notes or recipe.

Ive had this hop in the freezer for a while and have been meaning to brew a blonde or IPA with it for a while.

All Challenger Summer Ale. I LOVE this hop, would have to be in my top 5 favourites.
It's got haze, I know :lol: !

C&B
TDA

nice one TDA, I told you you'd love it :) makes a fantastic summer ale...

cheers Ross

Ross, I knew I'd love it as well ;)

I have brewed with Challenger a bit and as far as a citrusy type hop goes it has it in spades.

Jye, I may have posted this in the Summer Ales thread somewhere. Ross was the one who commented on the grain bill and it works well. :beer: The flavour is citrusy with a real marmalade hit, great with toast :lol:

Here it is anyway:

Altise Summer Ale
Extra Special/Strong Bitter (English Pale Ale)

Type: All Grain
Date: 3/11/2007
Batch Size: 23.00 L Brewer: Mark Rasheed
Boil Size: 30.33 L Asst Brewer:
Boil Time: 90 min Equipment: Marks Equipment
Brewhouse Efficiency: 72.0

Ingredients

Amount Item Type % or IBU
4.50 kg Bairds Marris Otter (5.9 EBC) Grain 90.0 %
0.50 kg Weyermann Pale Wheat (3.9 EBC) Grain 10.0 %
25.00 gm Challenger [8.30%] (60 min) Hops 27.0 IBU
25.00 gm Challenger [8.30%] (15 min) Hops 7.2 IBU
20.00 gm Challenger [8.30%] (Dry Hop 7 days) Hops -
1 Pkgs London Ale (Wyeast Labs #1028) Yeast-Ale

Beer Profile

Measured Original Gravity: 1.050 SG
Measured Final Gravity: 1.010 SG
Actual Alcohol by Vol: 5.2 %
Bitterness: 34.2 IBU Calories: LOTS
Est Color: 9.2 EBC

C&B
TDA

Well, i finally got around to setting up my kegs that i have had for 6 months. This was the first beer poured, so there is no need for any adjustments.
I used the phone camera so the clarity is not to good as this beer was fairly clear.

Image001.jpg

Rook

Some inviting looking Christmas drinking chaps!! :icon_drunk:

Rook... About time you got that keg system running ya slacker! :p

TDA Have you come down off the Pacific Gem high yet? :lol:

Warren -

I know many of you like to photograph beers in front of your swimming pools. Figured I'd follow suit:

Roggenbier on a balmy Melbourne afternoon:
Roggen_Poolside.jpg

more on this beer here

edit: tried to use the spoiler feature. no go. removed.

reVox

Those who've ventured to my place know that there is usually a Smoked Robust Porter on tap, based on a recipe I'd got off Ross. Those who know me also know that I am addicted to fiddling with recipes even when pretty happy with the result.
This is the latest version of the Smoked Robust Porter.
View attachment 16716
The verdict Perfect - well to my palate anyways, great balance of flavours, bitterness and smoked malt.
It'll be a bugger to replicate - did I stir clockwise or anti-clockwise? what time of day did I brew it? was I wearing my lucky jocks? :unsure:
Best to just enjoy it while it lasts I guess - thanks for the recipe Ross :super:

It's got haze, I know :lol: !

C&B
TDA
Looking nice and sounds fantastic TDA! I keep seeing Challenger in my LHBS staring at me, begging to be used in a beer, and your beer has inspired me!

Looking nice and sounds fantastic TDA! I keep seeing Challenger in my LHBS staring at me, begging to be used in a beer, and your beer has inspired me!

Muggus,

All I can say is you have to try the Challenger hop and try it in a single hop brew to see what it is all about. It really adds a great flavour to your beer. :icon_drunk:

C&B
TDA

Tony's IIPA

tony_iipa_11percent.jpg

tony_iipa_11percent2.jpg

sorry even with a new camera my skills lead a little to be desired.

i acutually drank this a couple of weeks ago and have only just woke up out of a coma,

TOP DROP mate, smooth bitterness and a very warming beer.

Rob.

edit: i poured 2 glasses, drank one at fridge temps and the other once it had warmed uo quite a bit, the warmer version was much tastier!

The 2nd is a Belgian [style] Strong Dark Ale....Smooth :rolleyes:
The first is Steve's Nelson Lager [NS hops].......Very nice.

Edit: Photos arse about.

Belgian_PTI_web.jpg

Nelson_Lager_web.jpg

The new improved Hogshead India Pale Ale.
View attachment 16848
Version 3 and I've finally got the balance of fuggles and cascade right on the money.
(Sorry about the piss-poor photo)

Back