Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prince Imperial said:
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417248766.327143.jpg
Kölsch late hopped with summer saaz. I lagered this too early (I think) and had to 'burp' the bottles, but it's come up a treat. Used clarity-ferm here too & it's pretty bloody clear considering I BIAB and tend not to get very clear beers.
looks awesome mate. when did you add the clarity-ferm? to the fermenter when adding the yeast?

IsonAd said:
Probably sounds fancier than it is, but it turned out great, nice and dry with a bit of tartness from the fancy bits. It's a split batch that I poured 1L of tea brewed with 14 tea bags of rosehip and hibiscus tea (no actual tea, just the rosehip and hibiscus - see picture below of packet) into the secondary of 9 litres of the below brew. THe remaining 11 or so litres I brewed as a normal saison - which also turned out great but could do with a bit more punch from the hops - next batch will include styrian goldings at 5 mins I reckon.

4.7kg Pilsner
350g munich
350g wheat
200g table sugar
EKG 30g at 60
EKG 40g at 5
20g EKG and 30g Motueka in the cube

WLP 566 - pitched at 22C and let it go up to about 27C

Used these tea bags that I picked up at coles. I would definitely brew this again, it's a winner for sure.
83948.jpg
Lovely, I have Rosella (the hibiscus mention in the "tea" I believe) growing all over the place.
Last time I made a Rosella Wheat and Cider.

First attempt at fermenting ANYTHING turned out drinkable. 1417425888669.jpg Bright ale recipe from Craftbrewer. I have had better but also had worse. First attempt at brewing so I did a BIAB. Thanks QLD Kev for your advice.

Kingpin II

jkqvIBl.jpg

This is a red rye. My attempt at a Bridgeport Kingpin Look a Like.
Not sure how close it is to that but it is an amazing beer.
Dark fruit on the nose, maybe plum?
Big spice in the mouth, some king of acidic citrus stuff.
Big bitterness. Lovely dank after taste > sweet > bitter and clean to sweet.

Far out. One of the better beers I have brewed.

64 IBU and 7.2%

that looks awesome! what are the red dots? please don't tell me there are no red dots, can I have one to try? i'll swap ya a 9% big ale?

Bubbles maybe? I'll be seeing red dots shortly.
PM me re swap.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417934203.373731.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but happy with the taste.
Cascade amber ale.
Inspired by my affections for hightail ale, but not a clone.

Hey pratty.

20g Simcoe @60
25g cascade @ 15
25g cascade whirlpool.
38 IBU

Malt, if interested was,
4.5 MO
280g dark crystal.
5.9%

Looking forward to it clearing a little more.
But tastes pretty good.

Classic American Pilsner
Perfectly crisp and clean. 4 months lagering in the keg. Exactly what's needed after a stinking hot and humid day
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1417947662.587008.jpg

The first pour from my second ever kegged beer, a Pils-Nelson Sauvin SMASH (another terrible pic as per my norm).
My first keg blew today before I'd even finished the build, I'm still running solely on the $4 bronco.
This build is either very thirsty work or that first keg had a leak (I'm pushing option 2 with SWMBO).

100_6898%20-%20Copy.JPG

Found a few of these lurking at the back of the pantry, wifey said they have been in there for at least 2 years:huh: Have no record of what they are or if they are all the same. I know is its bloody nice though....lemon and tangerine undertones

American Stout.
Never brewed one or drank one before today.
Even though its bittered to 70 IBU's its sweet in the mid pallate and then finishes bitter. Could probably do with a bit more roast. Nice mouth feel.
The recipe came from "Brewing Classic Styles".
Also it's the first time I have used my new stout tap. Using only CO2 but very happy with the pour.

Stout.JPG

Latest posts

Back