Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My English Barley Wine posted earlier. Cracked open again, but this photo courtesy of Olympus not Apple.

gallery_31264_1139_1284775.jpg

I knew I'd had 500ml of this. Very nice. Must make another big beer soon, these things really are a treat.

Oh yes...it's a dirty, big 'ol filthy glass of dark, dirty, filthy darkness.

RIS..oaked with staves soaked in Shirraz.

It's a pretty good feeling, knowing I've got 3/4 keg of this and another cube yet to be fermented.

Bought a kilo of cherries today, which are pitted and sitting in vodka, ready to get slung into the keg and left for a few months.

I won't be wasting the vodka neither, son !

And Yob, if you're out there, there's a few bottles set aside of pre-oak, pre-cherries and 'the lot', as a thanks for the killer glasses.

20141115_210720.jpg

The last bottle of the European style lager I brewed for my older brothers wedding.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416125066.622546.jpg

Still quite a nice beer and perfect after cleaning up the yard on this hot afternoon.

The Perth homebrew share collab red wine barrel fermented/aged sour porter finally made it into a glass.

Starts off with a sour tartness which then blends into red berries, red wine and some creamy oak and vanilla. Finishes super dry and doesn't linger at all.

Very nice for three weeks in the bottle.

Labels are being designed and going to wax dip the caps for extra bling and aging.

It was an awesome experience and made some new friends along the way. Talks are now underway for the next barrel fill. Either a sour red/brown or a sour milk stout are some of the possibilities at the moment.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1416453531.394899.jpg

The official stats are (lab tested); ABV: 7%(FG: 1.016) & IBU: 22. And If you care about PH it is 3.77.

About six months. The sourness wasn't added intentionally and was picked up from the barrel. Turned out pretty good though. I think it's going to be really solid in 6+ months.

My Kolsch is on the left and the Fruh Kolsch (authentic from Cologne) on the right. My Kolsch has more carbonation and head, is marginally paler and is a little more hop forward, but pretty happy with the side by side tasting. FullSizeRender.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeh, the Fruh is probably filtered, but mine is not (gelatine and polyclar).

Black n Tan said:
My Kolsch is on the left and the Fruh Kolsch (authentic from Cologne) on the right. My Kolsch has more carbonation and head, is marginally paler and is a little more hop forward, but pretty happy with the side by side tasting.
attachicon.gif
FullSizeRender.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeh, the Fruh is probably filtered, but mine is not (gelatine and polyclar).

Mosaic Summer Ale.
Terrible photo and terrible pour, but most importantly my first ever beer out of a keg (via bronco)!

IMAG0363.jpg

Back