Pressure Fermentation Carbonation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkejw

Reaction score
I know this has been discussed before, but not my specific question, so I know I'll receive some helpful advice. I'm an all-grain brewer, pressure fermenting using a Fermzilla All Rounder, and a Brewzilla 3.1. Somehow I got the impression that pressure fermenting carbonated the beer so that further carbonation is unnecessary. I brew mostly English-type/ Australian Sparkling ales, which I've been enjoying but my sons feel are a little flat. They have excellent head retention, which lasts the whole glass, and they taste "alive". I ferment at around 10-12 psi, bumping it up to 15 after a couple of days.
So, my question is, to get an ale to 2.4 after pressure fermentation, what do I do? I don't have fridge space to spare, so it's going to have to be at room temperature. I think I have two options, to prime the keg with sugar, or to leave it on gas. If the former, how much do I use, and the latter, how much pressure, and for how long?

I'd appreciate any and all advice.

Cheers

You are probably fermenting at 18 c so when you cc to serving temp , pressure goes down
Cap the spunding valve at the end or set tp 20 psi and see if that fets you to youre desired psi

Latest posts

Back