Warm Weather Brewing Temps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clarkejw

Reaction score
I'd like some advice on brewing temps if possible. At this stage I don't have access to temp control, so all my brewing is at room temperature, although I can warm it with a heat belt in winter.
My question is, what's the highest room temperature I can get away with pressure fermenting an ale? I'm aware of the pitfalls of brewing in hot weather, and I think I've paid the price with a couple of brews, and I don't want to repeat the process!
I'll be using Wyeast 1968.
TIA.

Pressure fermenting will allow you to ferment at much higher temperatures than you would normally attempt, I would think that 1968 under pressure will perform well up to near 30°.

I've got the same issue except I can't pressure ferment. I've had good results though with Voss Kveik yeast, it actually likes 33-35deg

I've got the same issue except I can't pressure ferment. I've had good results though with Voss Kveik yeast, it actually likes 33-35deg
Yes, Voss Kveik is a great option for warm fermenting but be aware that the citrus flavor in this strain is stronger at high temperatures. At room temperature or slightly above it's pretty neutral.

Latest posts

Back