Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A3k said:
Vienna lager. About 4-5 months old now and tasting great.

attachicon.gif
image.jpg
That photo should be shown to every new aspiring brewer, if necessary at gunpoint. Well done sir.

3rd AG brew, taste good. It's beer, it's Ross's Summer ale. Happy it's drinkable having only ever fermented 3 brews ever.

1420704735344.jpg

Looks great Coxr, beautiful colour and pretty good clarity. It looks like you've been brewing for years already.

It's so appealing that I wish I had a glass of it in my hand right now :)

Bribie G said:
That photo should be shown to every new aspiring brewer, if necessary at gunpoint. Well done sir.
Thanks Bribie.

menoetes said:
Looks great Coxr, beautiful colour and pretty good clarity. It looks like you've been brewing for years already.

It's so appealing that I wish I had a glass of it in my hand right now :)
Thanks, I am just lucky that I found this site so I am able to learn from those who have been brewing for years.

Dr. Smurtos Golden Ale that I made for brother for Christmas - I kept a bottle for quality control..

Overall turned out nicely, nice maltiness with a gentle grapefruit citrusy flavour which is kinda refreshing after very hoppy beers I've had lately.

Edit: also slightly too dark since I boiled off too much and didn't dilute it back down, but ohwell :p

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420787006.376096.jpg

Inspired by the 'oldest bottled beer' thread I've opened this blast from the past.
According to my brew logs it was bottled in Feb 1998. One of those old Muntons Gold kits (Highland Heavy Ale) with two tins of hopped extract.
Also according to my notes the average ferm temp was 27C and it was bottled after 7 days...ahh, the good old days.

20150109_183803_resized.jpg

Kumamoto_Ken said:
Inspired by the 'oldest bottled beer' thread I've opened this blast from the past.
According to my brew logs it was bottled in Feb 1998. One of those old Muntons Gold kits (Highland Heavy Ale) with two tins of hopped extract.
Also according to my notes the average ferm temp was 27C and it was bottled after 7 days...ahh, the good old days.
Carb looks pretty tidy for a beer that old! Must have given it some with the capper

I brewed one of those kits. Wasn't half bad.

How is it ???

Kumamoto_Ken said:

20150109_183803_resized.jpg
that made me laugh out loud, so funny to read the reference to the old days of 27c ferms and bottling after 7days.

Looks like it held up well, as already asked, does it taste ok?

No good at all I'm afraid gents. If there was ever a trainee beer judge who just couldn't pick up the sherry/wet cardboard of an oxidised beer one whiff of this would set him/her straight.

@mje1980. My notes did say I enjoyed it way back when (even after a 27 degree fermentation). Not surprisingly time hasn't been kind (to me or to this brew).

I found a bottle of my first ever kit beer the other day at one SWMBOs relatives places.

Couldn't finish it..

Here are a few I've had in the last hehmmm day or two...... Luckily I didn't photograph the 'I'll just try another to be sure' seconds and thirds.... I love summer in the highlands!

Hefeweizen
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420869993.665105.jpg

Premium American lager
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420870039.680402.jpg

No introduction needed
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420870058.348053.jpg

Do you filter mckenry? Those beers are so clear I can almost see through the RIS (I presume).

Drinking a Cooper kits and bits Amarillo Golden Ale..... hitting the spot.

Their Hop slam IPA UK which I opened a tester today... and a couple more... has carbed up early and is a nice drop too. I'll have to leave a few to age a bit.... but it's drinking well now......

1420895562573.jpg

TheWiggman said:
Do you filter mckenry? Those beers are so clear I can almost see through the RIS (I presume).
Yes, I gelatin filter and CC. The hefe I did not though. It's cloudy when I give the keg a roll. It's been sitting for a while. Yes it's a stout, not RI though.
They are see through!
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420918779.597811.jpg

Back