Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@dent - well I don't like it as a b pils
might like it as a schwarzbier hehe after I work out what that is

TTL inspired ordinary bitter (MO, Munich and a touch of chocolate for colour; 2l boiled hard to a syrup; north down for bittering, EKG for flavour and flameout, Styrian cubed hopped). 3.6%ABV, 33IBU. Going down a treat

image.jpg

That looks pretty good, mate. You may live in Melbourne, sir !

Allready posted pics of my Kolsch bad photos waiting for keg to blow but they still keep coming & clear now only prob is 5.3 5.4 % getting quite pissed I don't mind but missus doesn't here's another shot to show how it's cleared upupImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419850144.998117.jpg

APA based on my nats entry
Centennial, Cascade, Citra and Amarillo to about 45 ibu

1419920036585.jpg

Cal Common.jpg
California Common, first time I have brewed this and it is a definite re-run. Needs to lager for a few weeks but well worth the wait.

Not as pretty as the other cherry berlinner the other day, but jeez it tastes bloody great for 9 days in the bottle. I will absolutely do another batch. Actually I'll probably make many many more batches! Tart, full of cherry and so easy to drink.

image.jpg

drinking what remains of my christmas wheat.

wheat, pils, munich
touch of tettnang
mangrove jack's bavarian wheat

7687852_orig.jpg

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1420200542.654462.jpg

Using new tasting paddle

Left to right

Summer-hopped saison
Traditional saison
Hefe (though this bottle is infected)
El dorado 10 min RyePA

Its hot and this beer is going down a treat. Watermelon Wheat beer, US style wheat brewed with WY1010 and then a whole load of watermelon juice into secondary. Watermelon comes through just enough to give a fruity sweet edge but the beer itself shines. Apologies for the girly (but obligatory) garnish!

16004589908_c5e3a6690f_o.jpg

waggastew said:
Its hot and this beer is going down a treat. Watermelon Wheat beer, US style wheat brewed with WY1010 and then a whole load of watermelon juice into secondary. Watermelon comes through just enough to give a fruity sweet edge but the beer itself shines. Apologies for the girly (but obligatory) garnish!

Nice i can see that one lifting skirts
Sounds tasty too

BBQ steak RIS. Because of all the buggers posting in the steak thread.

Thick, roasty, medium bitter and sweet finishing.

I forget the recipe, but there was a crap load of roast in there. Not my best, but sitting in the sun on the deck after a BBQ... no complaints.

1420445354644.jpg

waggastew said:

apologies? don't be silly mate. it looks awesome.

Thanks waggastew, I'm pretty happy with it. If only they all came out this clear.

Menoetes, the wit looks good.

Cheers

American Amber on Nitrogen mix smoothflow.

Mother's Milk. Instead of the spritzy sparkle of the CO2 version - it's a double batch so I have a keg of each - it's just creamy and coats the mouth and slides down seductively past the tongue and where my tonsils used to be. AAAAHHHHHH.

This is really what Kilkenny should taste like. I'll probably serve most of my ales on nitro out of the stout tap from now on, next best thing to handpump with a sparkler.

nitro amber.jpg

Latest posts

Back