Whats In The Glass

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work tomorrow will be hard thanks to the delicious Waggastew zombiedust clone (Mosaic)

Edit: Shit, tomorrow is today

Prost Weizen by Brad Smith, still a little fresh (bottled) but tasting great. Whirlfloc to boil, no CC or finings, nice and hazy!

Edit, forgot to attach, too distracted.
20150114_184237.jpg

Special Blend

2.jpg

A fairly average pale ale + about 1/3 of pretty full on porter makes this tasty summertime beverage.

Post beach swim birthday lunch - Stew's Craft Brews tasting paddle and a BBQ Bratwurst roll with caramelised onions and mustard.

L-R German Pils, Oz Prem Lager, Watermelon Wheat, US Amarillo Rye

16111570367_1a9d67a7b7_o.jpg

Bohemian pils 3 weeks in the bottle.
This is my third full all grain and very happy with it.
In all its glory against the Monster Chinook back drop

1421470739545.jpg

waggastew said:
Post beach swim birthday lunch - Stew's Craft Brews tasting paddle and a BBQ Bratwurst roll with caramelised onions and mustard.

L-R German Pils, Oz Prem Lager, Watermelon Wheat, US Amarillo Rye

16111570367_1a9d67a7b7_o.jpg
And you didn't think to invite any of us?? Looks like a treat was had by all !

Citra pale ale FWK.

Half way to being carbonated 'fizzy' and poured through my stout tap on CO2 at 10psi.

Very nice, smooth drop but needs something. I have that something in the fridge. Will keg hop about 20g of cascade.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1421530879.792728.jpg

Hefeweizen
hefe.jpg
Weyerman's pale wheat 60% and premium pils 40%
Mashed @ 43/15;62/30;72/30;78/15.
Wyeast 3068 @ 16

Lovely balance of banana/clove

Noticed a sticker for the first time on the bottom of the glass that said it's from Bamberg ( my brother lived in Germany for 20 odd years and brought a set back one trip ) so quite appropriate. He's now my brew assistant and we cracked this keg yesterday to much satisfaction.

The 5thirty IPA

76 IBU
5.9%
18L
90.9% MO
5.5% Gladfields toffee
3.6% med crystal

15g warrior @ 60
10g cascade & magnum @ 45
5g cascade & 10g magnum @ 35
5g magnum @ 25
5g cascade & 15g Simcoe @ 5
Dry hop @ 6 days was 18g cascade & 50g Simcoe.

So good. I'm no expert however.
But....Tastes like licking pine trees !!!
Love that pine resin flavour !!!!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1421656296.885570.jpg

You should chuck a few fresh pine cones in the boil next time and see how it goes.
Then dry hop.
(with pine cones)

Tasting paddle of homebrew.
Pilsner, ESB, Amarillo IPA, Dirty water brown (from brewing classic styles)ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1421996237.473025.jpg

Mawson Stone Brew

1-002.JPG

Made with fire + rocks about 7 months ago. Fermented with Workhorse (on the farm, no temp control!) and bottle conditioned. This has come out wonderfully clean with all the smoky caramelly flavours you'd expect from the process. It seemed a bit light on in those terms earlier on, but it has come out so clean -- now those great stone brew characteristics are shining out with clarity.

Back