Welcome Back Chap Chap Brewday 05 June

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great arvo and great to catch up with everyone. Thanks Brad for you hospitality.

Cheers

Sully

Just wanted to thank Brad and Kimberley for their fantastic hospitality. It was great catching up with all you guys and certainly did the trick of returning my brewing mojo. So much so I have started to look at options for building a new SHERMAN Mk3!

Again thanks must go to Brad for putting on a great brew day.

Cheers and beers

Chap Chap

So what's the Mrs doing with Sherman MkII? Chap, Chap..... Is there a bargain to be had or is it in the river :unsure:

Gret to hear your Mojo's returned, we've missed you.

Cheers Ross

Yep, all of the above, cant add much. Had a ball and met some new faces as well. Thanks Brad
Thanks for the yeast Nick and Bribie.
Daz

Was definately a great afternoon, am glad I went. Good to finally meet Chappo and good to meet Rudi, Sully and Muckey too.

Thanks Brad for putting this on, the sausages went down a treat as well and ensured that I was able to drive home.

Cheers

Florian

brilliant day and great company

my compliments to the host

and for the record, I though your brewing technique was excellent.

pity about your uncontrollable brewing assistant that spent more time faffing about with his tin foil hat than actually helping

Thanks for sharing those photos fella's. Looks like a great day had by all!

Those snags really hit the spot mate. I'll have to try that Belgian again when sober-er.

PS: Is the short-arm inspection part of your QA process? :p

Despite all the ragging, it all went quite well (considering all the beer samples being offered about) and gave me some food for thought - pity about the solar pump not being Brad hardened.

Just occured to me that Brad has been pretty economical with the facts surrounding turning his electric keggle into an outdoor heater, i.e. tunred on without water. It gave a really nice ambient orange glow...

Just occured to me that Brad has been pretty economical with the facts surrounding turning his electric keggle into an outdoor heater, i.e. tunred on without water. It gave a really nice ambient orange glow...

Could have used it today.

We should have got a pic of that Rudi. I cant believe it still worked after that. Actually now that I think of it the mistakes ,breaking solar pump and leave HLT element running without water during mash in, were made whilst sober. So from now I think I need to have more beers before mash in.

Could have used it today.

Seriuosly contimplating bringing the Rambo inside tonight! Might have to do another brew tommorrow night just to keep warm.

Hello winter havn't seen you for a few years.

BTW, anyone lose a plastic pot glass?

Cheers

Quick update.

This arvo I put 2 cubes into the 60L fermenter with 30g of first gold will do an Argon with 66g of styrian tommorrow after ferment takes off, will then dry hop with another 44g of styrian at day 4.

I put the 3rd cube in the 25L fermenter with 50g of cascade will do an Argon with 15g of chinook tommorrow and another 25g of cascade at day 4.

Chappo I will save you a bottle :D . Well maybe we could share a bottle. How about I keep a used bootle so you can smell it. B)

Cheers

Quick update.

This arvo I put 2 cubes into the 60L fermenter with 30g of first gold will do an Argon with 66g of styrian tommorrow after ferment takes off, will then dry hop with another 44g of styrian at day 4.

I put the 3rd cube in the 25L fermenter with 50g of cascade will do an Argon with 15g of chinook tommorrow and another 25g of cascade at day 4.

Chappo I will save you a bottle :D . Well maybe we could share a bottle. How about I keep a used bootle so you can smell it. B)

Cheers

Just send him a link to a pic in "what's in the glass" thread in 6 weeks time :D

Another update

The 3rd cube has gone off like a fat kid on cup cake the 05 yeast slurry has chewed threw to take the watered down 1062 cube to 1010 (Mutant Monkey IPA).I didnt get to do an Argon so I will dump 25g of chinook and 25g of cascade tommorrow. Once its slow english cousin catches up I will dump some more styrians then be able to crash bith fermenters and keg.
If the 40 odd Litres in the big fermenter drops down to the same gravity it will be dangerous considering it started at 1068. English, high alcohol and full of hops and a little bit wierd, I have renamed it Flibberty Puck IPA. It was either that or Ross.

Cheers Brad

Another update

The 3rd cube has gone off like a fat kid on cup cake the 05 yeast slurry has chewed threw to take the watered down 1062 cube to 1010 (Mutant Monkey IPA).I didnt get to do an Argon so I will dump 25g of chinook and 25g of cascade tommorrow. Once its slow english cousin catches up I will dump some more styrians then be able to crash bith fermenters and keg.
If the 40 odd Litres in the big fermenter drops down to the same gravity it will be dangerous considering it started at 1068. English, high alcohol and full of hops and a little bit wierd, I have renamed it Flibberty Puck IPA. It was either that or Ross.

Cheers Brad

I'm guessing the Mutant Monkey is the Archive one :icon_cheers:

I'm guessing the Mutant Monkey is the Archive one :icon_cheers:

Got it in one mate :icon_chickcheers:
Edit = Now to try and find my old (circa 1990) Mutant Monkey design. Will need to be altered for beer.

Got it in one mate :icon_chickcheers:
Chappo I will save you a bottle biggrin.gif . Well maybe we could share a bottle. How about I keep a used bootle so you can smell it. cool.gif

So if it gets picked as one of the four brews, Chap Chap can pay for a pint at Archive.
:lol:

Latest posts

Back